Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

HoarfrostHubb

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think part of the reason is the earlier start time back that way. Just one of those seasons....savor it because you won't best this area often.

I'm elevation 15 miles inland we best your area quite often especially in those LBSW storms, although obviously you guys average about 10" more annually, however the shore of CT seeing snow at 2pm while Will sees rain that's rare. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think part of the reason is the earlier start time back that way. Just one of those seasons....savor it because you won't best this area often.

This thing is starting to ramp up as it moves east too. 50-60kt 925 S winds will move into E/SE MA later this afternoon. So I think the longitude hurts a bit until the low level flow starts to back and close off in the GOM.

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I'm elevation 15 miles inland we best your area quite often especially in those LBSW storms, although obviously you guys average about 10" more annually, however the shore of CT seeing snow at 2pm while Will sees rain that's rare. 

Not on a seasonal scale you do not, which is what I meant...maybe 25% of the time?

16 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Damn how often does it snow hard on the shore in SWCT and Will is seeing rain from the same storm?

Timing ...  seems so-

It comes in at dawn there ...after it was clear and radiated out pretty proficiently earlier overnight, then clouds over right then - cold "capping" ... and then system arrives and works it over a bit... But, by the time advection shift up here it's coming from a warm source with ocean S ..blah blah.. and feeble diurnal adds -

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'll always be jealous of that Feb 2013 event...was a nice event here, but you guys in CT next leveled that one. That was like Bliz of '78 in N RI shit down there, snowfall wise.

Will never forget. 30-40” widespread many roads impassable for a week. I was watching  plows get buried on 95 through the live cams. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Will never forget. 30-40” widespread many roads impassable for a week. I was watching  plows get buried on 95 through the live cams. 

Yet to see one here quite to that level....April 1, 1997 was probably closest....this area will never pull that off with a Miller A. Needs to be a late-blooming B-nuke with perhaps a bit of southern stream assist.