Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Feb 22 Minor snow and rain event

HoarfrostHubb

12 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Snow coming down heavy in central and northern New Jersey and starting to stick on roads with heavier rates even with temps 34-36.  Snow growth looks amazing on HRRR in that area. 

Feel like it's a west to east thing. Upper li reporting snow rain mix while SW jersey is snow.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Feel like it's a west to east thing. Upper li reporting snow rain mix while SW jersey is snow.

it definitely is, we are right on the line, will be interesting, almost no chance for accumulation for most of CT east of 91 besides the NE hills. however much of western CT has a chance at something, we watch. 

• Like 2

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

West and south has been better all season long, and that probably won't change, at this point.

that area in north and central jersey seems to be the jack every single storm this month.  There is a 50 square mile area that has 50"+ already not counting 3-6" from today possible. 

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

that area in north and central jersey seems to be the jack every single storm this month.  There is a 50 square mile area that has 50"+ already not counting 3-6" from today possible. 

Its cool how each season picks a spot to run the train...even the crappy ones. Last season it was Hunchie, 2015 Scooter....

Its cool how each season picks a spot to run the train...even the crappy ones. Last season it was Hunchie, 2015 Scooter....

Hunchie not doing so bad this year either...  

I think both you and I have had mildly frustrating snow experience this year but February has been acceptable.

Hoping for 2-3" today, currently overcast and 29F.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The ORH to MQE corridor has been another local jackpot area in SNE....that band like 10 miles either side of that zone.

Though today prob won't do much east of ORH, but we'll see.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Hunchie not doing so bad this year either...  

I think both you and I have had mildly frustrating snow experience this year but February has been acceptable.

Hoping for 2-3" today, currently overcast and 29F.

Hunchie is like ORH....in a spot where its touch to catch a porking.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The ORH to MQE corridor has been another local jackpot area in SNE....that band like 10 miles either side of that zone.

Though today prob won't do much east of ORH, but we'll see.

Yea, right through your area. Frustrating season here, but it could have been worse....at least I'm not Jeff lol

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

also I don't buy any change to rain today.  We are 25/14 with precip moving in shortly, and that precip will fall mod-heavy quickly enough to keep temps in the 20s for most if not all of the event.  the zones talk about rain, but I seriously doubt that.

Probably not there, no. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Up to 37.5F here now...just torching. I was 27F not even 2 hours ago.

Obviously things could wetbulb back down as dewpoints are still in the 20s, but I have a feeling even if it does, it would be a lot of white rain type snow.

I'll happily grab my ankles and take one for the team today. No interest in 3" of snow on a Monday, at this point of the season.

#porkme.

• Like 1

I'll happily grab my ankles and take one for the team today. No interest in 3" of snow on a Monday, at this point of the season.

#porkme.

I have such a good snow pack here that I'm hoping to grab an inch or two of slop to make it look even more impressive, but even if it's rain, it's prob not melting much of anything in the mid 30s....it will just put more water in the pack as the powder on top absorbs it.

It's too bad we couldn't keep that high holding a little tougher to the northeast, because that would have made this a really good injection low type event....prob widespread high end advisory to low end warning if that happened because not only would we all be a little colder, a high holding tougher would increase fronto and wring out extra moisture on this sucker.

• Like 1