Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 22 - Wet Snow Event

ChescoWx

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Kamu, are your neighbors close by to view the pile? If so, do they question your motive?

I would know right off the bat....weenie galore.

Lol, the one neighbor doesn't say anything but he's said in the past "you're doing what you enjoy" in reference to other things (we're always outside working on this place and we love it, in fact we're having a kettle fire right now).

The other neighbor actually has a plow and over the years has made passes through here which I appreciate (we help each other out). But there have been times when I've asked him not to, including this month, and I have no idea what he says to others, but he does know that we like to make piles lol.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Lol, the one neighbor doesn't say anything but he's said in the past "you're doing what you enjoy" in reference to other things (we're always outside working on this place and we love it, in fact we're having a kettle fire right now).

The other neighbor actually has a plow and over the years has made passes through here which I appreciate (we help each other out). But there have been times when I've asked him not to, including this month, and I have no idea what he says to others, but he does know that we like to make piles lol.

Lol...that's funny!

Probably says to other neighbors "What the hell is that grown man making large piles again? I told him I would plow it." (If he only knew:)

Sounds like you're cool w/them and vice-versa so all is good...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Oh yeah. 

If you ever decide to invest in a "Mildo" snow making machine, I'd pay money to see the expression on their face. Most people try to rid themselves of snow...meanwhile you're pumping it out at full throttle and creating large piles. You may see "For Sale" signs popping up around your house after you have a foot accumulation/large piles while the neighbors lawns are bare. Kids would dig you though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

51 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If you ever decide to invest in a "Mildo" snow making machine, I'd pay money to see the expression on their face. Most people try to rid themselves of snow...meanwhile you're pumping it out at full throttle and creating large piles. You may see "For Sale" signs popping up around your house after you have a foot accumulation/large piles while the neighbors lawns are bare. Kids would dig you though...

Lol - the guy who sometimes plows our driveway, his kids when they were younger used to play on the pile.

58 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Lol - the guy who sometimes plows our driveway, his kids when they were younger used to play on the pile.

When I get back from VT I'm gonna come play on it too. 

Not home to measure but I think we got like 4-4.5" in Pville which brings me to 41"+ on the season.  

• Like 1

My piles here aren't 8' after this snow lol, but three are higher than the car! This system allowed for a nice addition to the multi-layer snowpack out there before the melt. It'll be interesting to see how long they last, including the deep banks. The last of the Dec storm pile had melted in late January.

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0332.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Here is the snow pile, a new record at just over 8ft high! Now I'm ready for a couple days of rest, lol. (I used a 6ft stepladder to measure it).

0222211816_copy_1200x1602.thumb.jpg.d83ec8f5d2aebeace51d8999c05ab3aa.jpg

Over the years, I continue to laugh about how alike so many of us are, not just with our curious love for snow but also in regards to:

• the huger the snowpiles the better

• “anal” perfection with our shoveling/snow pile making 

• “Don’t EVEN think about walking across my pristine snow-covered lawn!”

• creative snow-light setups and snow-depth measuring devices

• what have I missed⁉️ 

Thanks all for making me feel just a bit more normal and a little less neurotic‼️

• Weenie 1

Final tally 5", gives me 48" for the season truly epic February snow on snow I dont think you draw it up any better. I look back at January now with all the winter cancels, me being one of those man were we wrong. looks like we are going into a stretch of above normal days, This is a great group we have here some very good analysis and I Thank everyone. Now can we add to our totals in March? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SeNJWx said:

My piles here aren't 8' after this snow lol, but three are higher than the car! This system allowed for a nice addition to the multi-layer snowpack out there before the melt. It'll be interesting to see how long they last, including the deep banks. The last of the Dec storm pile had melted in late January.

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0332.jpeg

Yeah I wasn't expecting to add much if any yesterday, but between the amount (which allowed driveway stickage), and the moisture content it was a no brainer, lol.

Nice piles and snowy landscape!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Over the years, I continue to laugh about how alike so many of us are, not just with our curious love for snow but also in regards to:

• the huger the snowpiles the better

• “anal” perfection with our shoveling/snow pile making 

• “Don’t EVEN think about walking across my pristine snow-covered lawn!”

• creative snow-light setups and snow-depth measuring devices

• what have I missed⁉️ 

Thanks all for making me feel just a bit more normal and a little less neurotic‼️

Good list, lol. For me, the pile idea originates in the fact that at our climo snow has a way of disappearing, even multiple times during a winter. You never know how long your snow cover is going to stick around, beyond a week or two.

So the concept is to preserve it, since I like it around during the winter. Bigger pile theoretically equals longer duration. Sometimes it becomes a thing, haha. It might not if I lived in Maine?

Footprints in the snow, lol. I get that, but we have so many night critters around here that after a few days it looks like a kids playground.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1