Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 22 - Wet Snow Event

ChescoWx

9 minutes ago, Mrs.Buffardi said:

Hi I am a teacher in the Bensalem School District and we are in school today. Should I be worried here about getting home? I live in the next town up (Feasterville) but literally on the I95 corridor. The last one we got 8.8 inches and Bensalem 6 miles away got 4.... I have been "stalking" this site for the past 8 years, always good banter and my one graduate course in meteorology helps me translate your "wonk-speech" to some degree. The running calculations is that you all have been correct more than 75% of the time - I only look at the accu-weather channels for laughs.... I do visit Mt. Holly with my students - very nice folks there. I teach and have a degree in environmental science.

So thank you and are we really getting 4-6 still!? Elevation here at BHS is 109ft

Sincerely and I am big fan of all of you!

Lisa Buffardi

Here is Mt. Holly's snow map (as of 9:45 am).  You can take it as their best guess!  It will depend on how intense it gets to chill the warmer/treated spots but I expect there will be some initial "thump" of accumulation on the existing snowpack and other surfaces where  you are but there is supposed to be an eventual shift of warmer air and changeover to a rain/snow mix.  Whether that happens where you are will be the question.

StormTotalIceWeb-945am-02222021.png

I told you guys this would be a snow surprise event and overcoming the sun angle issues would be no problem. Waiting for the half dollar to pancake size flakes to start falling. Too bad this storm is short in duration. Its like winter kicking us in the nads one more time before exiting. I am more concerned about  the model chaos  this weekend into next week as the pattern changes

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I told you guys this would be a snow surprise event and overcoming the sun angle issues would be no problem. Waiting for the half dollar to pancake size flakes to start falling. Too bad this storm is short in duration. Its like winter kicking us in the nads one more time before exiting. I am more concerned about  the model chaos  this weekend into next week as the pattern changes

I'm considering it as bonus snow!

• Like 1

Am somewhere between SN- and SN but nothing really sticking yet (except maybe on the snowpack).  Temp is down to 33 but still above freezing with dp 30 and seeing a bit of fog with it.

When I went out earlier this morning to clear off the board - OMG the 1/2" of sleet over the snowpack had me walking on top of a foot of drift that was barely sinking in. :wacko:  There was powder deep under it though when I shoved a small shovel down into it. :lol:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mrs.Buffardi said:

Hi I am a teacher in the Bensalem School District and we are in school today. Should I be worried here about getting home? I live in the next town up (Feasterville) but literally on the I95 corridor. The last one we got 8.8 inches and Bensalem 6 miles away got 4.... I have been "stalking" this site for the past 8 years, always good banter and my one graduate course in meteorology helps me translate your "wonk-speech" to some degree. The running calculations is that you all have been correct more than 75% of the time - I only look at the accu-weather channels for laughs.... I do visit Mt. Holly with my students - very nice folks there. I teach and have a degree in environmental science.

So thank you and are we really getting 4-6 still!? Elevation here at BHS is 109ft

Sincerely and I am big fan of all of you!

Lisa Buffardi

Thanks, hello, and welcome! I could be wrong, it's the weather you know (it has the final say), but I'd guess you'll be okay by the time you head home.

21 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

Most of us here weren't surprised....except.for the couple sticklers that wanted to force winter to end.

• Like 1