Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 22 - Wet Snow Event

ChescoWx

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Channel 69 news guy still talking a coating in Allentown, thinks there is an hour of snow then rain lol. I thought he would have wised up but no.

"Some people are weatherwise, most are otherwise" - Ben Franklin. But you never know, he could pull off an upset and be correct. Maybe he knows things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

Weenies do funny things....I know I cussed out the weather Gods for screwing me over.

Just now, RedSky said:

I was thinking more on the lines of spitting at the clouds, a futile gesture yes but more Khan from Star Trek worthy

I remember when I was very young doing a dance with my brothers outside trying to get the rain (which had been snow) to turn back into snow again.

• Haha 1

Just now, KamuSnow said:

I remember when I was very young doing a dance with my brothers outside trying to get the rain (which had been snow) to turn back into snow again.

When I was super young (7-9ish), listening to KYW before school and hearing Elliott Abrams say "going to stay south" or "out to sea", depression took hold and my day was completely screwed...  

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Birds~69 said:

When I was super young (7-9ish), listening to KYW before school and hearing Elliott Abrams say "going to stay south" or "out to sea", depression took hold and my day was completely screwed...  

Oh yeah, that was a bad feeling. Still sucks but we're better at handling it now, lol. Aren't we? Mostly the rug pulls now are less of a surprise if you pay attention.

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

You can sense the snow excitement in the air, we're getting some mileage out of the lead up to it, lol. But seriously.

#1 I really am tired of it this late in the season.

#2 Twice cheated on heavy daytime snow so maybe this time I can see it for longer than 7-15 minutes before it quits

#3 Padding numbers not far from the milestone 50" mark

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, KamuSnow said:

Oh yeah, that was a bad feeling. Still sucks but we're better at handling it now, lol. Aren't we? Mostly the rug pulls now are less of a surprise if you pay attention.

Yep, today we have more resources (internet etc) to track stuff so we can see a failure coming for the most part. Back then it was KYW...Herb Clarke, Jim O' Brien etc at certain times and that's it. They could F-up my day within a minute...

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

#1 I really am tired of it this late in the season.

#2 Twice cheated on heavy daytime snow so maybe this time I can see it for longer than 7-15 minutes before it quits

#3 Padding numbers not far from the milestone 50" mark

#1 - hang in there. Imagine, 2 years ago you were thinking of Moving to Montana.

#2&3 - good luck for both!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yep, today we have more resources (internet etc) to track stuff so we can see a failure coming for the most part. Back then it was KYW...Herb Clarke, Jim O' Brien etc at certain times and that's it. They could F-up my day within a minute...

Same. Another piece of it is learning to let go of things you can't control. Sounds good on paper, but it is a real thing. 

eta - but I still love snow, and I'm really enjoying this month.

7 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I was never impressed w/this event but accu weather seems even less impressed than myself for Philly/majority of Mont/Bucks counties...move the accumulation line down SE a tad. Think mid-upper Mont/Bucks should be in the 1-2" range...Philly C-1". Doesn't take long to accumulate a 1" or so w/a beginning thump... 

6pm.jpg

Thats funny because the NAM 3k, rgem, hrdps, wrfs, and hrrt all nudged totals to 2-5" almost everyone w of say 476 and n of the Turnpike 

7 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Mt Holly just upped the the possible accumulation totals  to  7 inches in the LV. They are worried about the convective banding and now saying 2"  an hour rates are possible.   WWA expanded into Montgomery and Bucks Counties as well.  Walter Drag and I have been discussing throughout the week this setup as a possible nice surprise.

That banding feature looks like a summertime tstorm front. Im willing to bet those that manage to remain snow under it pickup a quick 2-4" with some 5" lollis reported.  Most guidance is hanging onto the cold just long enough now to not want to never flip my area until the final few minutes. This is the winter that just wants to trend the right way.