Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 22 - Wet Snow Event

ChescoWx

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Way too early to say that. March is a weird month, you can have a +nao/+ao/-pna and still get snow.. all it takes is one perfectly tracked bowling ball. It's become pretty rare that we get completely skunked in March. I bet there will be one more 'threat' after this one that comes probably after the first week of March. If not though, still a great winter. 

I said for a while, not for the season.

44 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Lets do it! Quick refresh. Then the warmup. In fine calling it a season after this

hrdps_asnow_neus_33.png

You  really can't think this is true...correct?

I'm at 36F now...probably hit 37-38F+...sun blazing.

Clouds move in tonight earlier than expected....holds temps higher than predicted.

When snow falls mid/late morning tomorrow temps at/near+ 32F w/the sun rays kicking.

Nothing (or for a short time somewhat sticks)...then melts and any precip may turn to rain...high 36-38F+....sloppy 1-2" or so IMO at best.

It just has that end of winter/early spring look...

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

18 hours ago, Albedoman said:

2-4  for the LV with lollipops of 6 in.  This storm has the potential to be labeled as an over performer for many if the convective portion gets going. Do not underestimate the snowfall rates which can easily overcome any sun angle crap even on treated roads.  A nice cover for the dirty snow along the roads right now and 4 inches will nearly give me over 60 in for the year in Macungie

On cue --WWA issued for the LV with 2-4 in  south of #78  3-5 in north of #78. If it snows 5 inches in Macungie with lollipops of 6 in on the hills, we will have almost a two foot snow pack again. Bring it on before the meltdown later in the week which our snow pack to to a 6-12 in  before the big storm event next week. The 30-50 foot snow piles in the shopping center parking lots will not be gone until after April fools day

I was never impressed w/this event but accu weather seems even less impressed than myself for Philly/majority of Mont/Bucks counties...move the accumulation line down SE a tad. Think mid-upper Mont/Bucks should be in the 1-2" range...Philly C-1". Doesn't take long to accumulate a 1" or so w/a beginning thump... 

6pm.jpg

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

I was never impressed w/this event but accu weather seems even less impressed than myself for Philly/majority of Mont/Bucks counties...move the accumulation line down SE a tad. Think mid-upper Mont/Bucks should be in the 1-2" range...Philly C-1". Doesn't take long to accumulate a 1" or so w/a beginning thump... 

6pm.jpg

I agree. Map looks a little conservative. 1-2” would be a nice refresher with hopefully one more significant event before spring arrives. 

On 2/20/2021 at 9:40 PM, Albedoman said:

2-4  for the LV with lollipops of 6 in.  This storm has the potential to be labeled as an over performer for many if the convective portion gets going. Do not underestimate the snowfall rates which can easily overcome any sun angle crap even on treated roads.  A nice cover for the dirty snow along the roads right now and 4 inches will nearly give me over 60 in for the year in Macungie

Mt Holly just upped the the possible accumulation totals  to  7 inches in the LV. They are worried about the convective banding and now saying 2"  an hour rates are possible.   WWA expanded into Montgomery and Bucks Counties as well.  Walter Drag and I have been discussing throughout the week this setup as a possible nice surprise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

It should be a fun event for the Lehigh Valley. It will be interesting to see if there are some localized 6” amounts and where they occur.

Don, my point and click forecast for Tamaqua (just a few miles beyond Mt Holly's CWA) is for 4-8 inches. We shall see...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albedoman said:

Mt Holly just upped the the possible accumulation totals  to  7 inches in the LV. They are worried about the convective banding and now saying 2"  an hour rates are possible.   WWA expanded into Montgomery and Bucks Counties as well.  Walter Drag and I have been discussing throughout the week this setup as a possible nice surprise.

Not seeing this on their site⁉️

• Like 1