• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Combined OBS-Nowcast for a snow to rain event , mainly interior only, Saturday morning Feb 27

wdrag

Reviewing the original thread starter narrative below.  Ended up further north, no advisory but a bit of snow just inside of I95. At least we knew something was coming that had qpf, and small snow for our forum.  I look at this as worthy.  Better than nothing occurring and of value to some of our members and model detection 7 days in advance, again. ll the data is here for review. 

301P/20:  While 12z/20 GEFS guidance was delayed for full review (and therefore NAEFS), there is potential for a light or even moderate fast moving (east or east northeast) precip event. Depends in part whether the primary low crosses the St Lawrence Valley, or whether the front sags south of the forum with a wave of low pressure scooting eastward on it, as a fairly strong wave heads east from the Great Lakes.  Ensembles at this writing are not favorable for much of an event but individual models for the past 2 days have proposed an advisory snow either in our forum, or south of us,  across the Virginias/Delmarva.  The latest 18z/20 WPC guidance basically has no qpf in our forum for this event, so it could easily be a bust. I think some wintry precip will happen here, but could be 100% wrong. Let's leave the door open for a couple of days and see if this can target a portion of our area with an inch or more of snow. If snow does occur but only I84 corridor, then there won't be an obs thread (fewer members). TBD. .

• Like 1