Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I agree. It's probably a little shady right now but if there is a demand they (sports books) will figure it out to make it work. 

The -1600 is ridiculous.

Looking at oddssharks real quick this is how I thought it would would work. (Talk about daily addictive gambling)

https://www.oddsshark.com/other/weather-betting-odds 

weatherbet.jpg

Imagine a betting line model, run hourly like the HRRR, with snow maps, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Imagine a betting line model, run hourly like the HRRR, with snow maps, lol.

Not only that but I could see lunatic METS like DT opening up a secondary website for "Weather Locks of the day" w/a subscription fee.

For the day: 12am-11:59pm

Philly: O/U 3.2" snow

Chi: O/U 26mph peak winds

Kansas: O/U 3 tornadoes 

Reddit has a threat on weather gambling...didn't read it all but METS are interested.

met2.jpg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I agree. It's probably a little shady right now but if there is a demand they (sports books) will figure it out to make it work. 

The -1600 is ridiculous.

Looking at oddssharks real quick this is how I thought it would would work. (Talk about daily addictive gambling)

https://www.oddsshark.com/other/weather-betting-odds 

weatherbet.jpg

That's a crazy future's bet. Talk about long range! That's for March 26th. That's not even giving an edge....literally a 50/50 at this range. With that said take the +odds.

43 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

That's a crazy future's bet. Talk about long range! That's for March 26th. That's not even giving an edge....literally a 50/50 at this range. With that said take the +odds.

That's what sports books want then they can't lose w/the 10% juice regardless. People bet 5mil over/5mil under then you (sports book) collect 500,000 no matter what the outcome.

I guess if you're super smart and see a pattern coming you can make out...

25 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Ok, here we go since October:

~Nice ride but Phils lose in World Series

~Shittiest winter ever

~Huge toxic waste disaster

~Turkey earthquake

~Birds lose in Superbowl (Weak late game call IMO)

~Unknown stuff flying around in the sky which we shoot down

37F

This years super bowl just really confirmed that the NFL clearly influences the outcomes of games via officials. Not a single holding penalty all game long on either team and that’s the one they decide to call with the game on the line?  Sorry but I call bullshit. 2nd year in a row now that the climax of the game is decided on a ticky tac penalty that went uncalled the entire game. I’ll be treating the NFL like WWE from now on and know that outcomes are heavily influenced based on what makes the league and their sponsors(gambling sites) the most money. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

This years super bowl just really confirmed that the NFL clearly influences the outcomes of games via officials. Not a single holding penalty all game long on either team and that’s the one they decide to call with the game on the line?  Sorry but I call bullshit. 2nd year in a row now that the climax of the game is decided on a ticky tac penalty that went uncalled the entire game. I’ll be treating the NFL like WWE from now on and know that outcomes are heavily influenced based on what makes the league and their sponsors(gambling sites) the most money. 

Sports books took a hit. Money was on KC and the over rather heavily which both happened. 

But yeah, that penalty at the end was really questionable...

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Forget the call...

Eagles got out-coached in the second half. Hurts put the game on his shoulders and did his best. He too was at fault though. 

• Like 2

It was a ticky-tac call, but I'm not going to cry about it like a 40-Whiners fan.

The Eagles defense didn't show up for the second half. They had a 10-point lead at halftime and couldn't hold it -- no three-and-outs, no sacks, no turnovers, no adjustments, blown coverages. You can't put yourself in a position where a call like that can cost you.

On a positive note, we did shutdown Travis Kelce in the second half. 

• Haha 1

Typical big game that's lost on the finest of margins.  The Chiefs' biggest (and pretty much only) mistake the entire game was a missed field goal.

Eagles gave KC 7 free points.  Then allowed a big punt return.  Made a number of poorly timed penalties (not the first such incidents this season).  Yeah, the defense was miserable, but the Chiefs' defense wasn't exactly managing the game, either.  Time of possession was never going to matter with Mahomes on the other side.  The Eagles had to play a perfect game and they didn't.  It was basically the same story in SB LII but the defense made a timely stop in that game to get the win.  The defense made zero plays last night.

On the bright side, Hurts is a real dude.  The mistake was as costly as it gets, but he played so well otherwise.  The question is whether the Eagles can turn this defense around over the next few years to make more playoff runs and then long-term OL health.  I'm not really anticipating they'll be able to make it back next season, and that's one reason this loss is so egregious.  But maybe Howie can work some more magic?  Draft is crucial.  They need cost-controlled assets that can actually contribute.

• Like 1

Game of small details….

First the major:

No adjustments, Front 4 couldn’t get pressure and Gannon had no answer

I like Gainwell more than Mile Sanders. Think he’s shiftier and don’t mind if Sanders is back or not. Need a power back in off season. Someone to pound the defense besides Hurts. We don’t want Hurts to get hurt and turn into a Cam Newton.

Dallas Goedert had an outstanding game, but there were a couple of screen plays the team as a whole didn’t execute that could have been big gainers. Need to execute them.

I’m hearing the sentiment of “it’s okay, we’ll be back”. I’m almost 40 and have learned there’s absolutely no guarantee of anything. This is probably the best eagles team of all time and we didn’t take advantage of it. In the NFL especially there are no guarantees. For example, we got a full healthy season out of AJ Brown. We may never see that again. This loss will haunt me forever until we win again.

Small Details:

1) Wonder how much field conditions impacted eagles dline and ability to get pressure.

2) Hurts fumble was a killer, he got the points right back though. What stinks is that if we don’t have a false start the play before that play never happens. Chiefs couldn’t stop us, that was a 10-14 point swing. Seumalo’s false start will haunt for a long time

3) if Bradberry is wearing white gloves do refs notice the hold? (heard that pointed out this AM). Bogus call that was ticky tack. Refs really should have gotten together and picked it up. Screwed us out of all timer.

1000) I want to die

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heisy said:

Game of small details….

First the major:

No adjustments, Front 4 couldn’t get pressure and Gannon had no answer

I like Gainwell more than Mile Sanders. Think he’s shiftier and don’t mind if Sanders is back or not. Need a power back in off season. Someone to pound the defense besides Hurts. We don’t want Hurts to get hurt and turn into a Cam Newton.

Dallas Goedert had an outstanding game, but there were a couple of screen plays the team as a whole didn’t execute that could have been big gainers. Need to execute them.

I’m hearing the sentiment of “it’s okay, we’ll be back”. I’m almost 40 and have learned there’s absolutely no guarantee of anything. This is probably the best eagles team of all time and we didn’t take advantage of it. In the NFL especially there are no guarantees. For example, we got a full healthy season out of AJ Brown. We may never see that again. This loss will haunt me forever until we win again.

Small Details:

1) Wonder how much field conditions impacted eagles dline and ability to get pressure.

2) Hurts fumble was a killer, he got the points right back though. What stinks is that if we don’t have a false start the play before that play never happens. Chiefs couldn’t stop us, that was a 10-14 point swing. Seumalo’s false start will haunt for a long time

3) if Bradberry is wearing white gloves do refs notice the hold? (heard that pointed out this AM). Bogus call that was ticky tack. Refs really should have gotten together and picked it up. Screwed us out of all timer.

1000) I want to die

I think we take a small step back next year. We'll make the playoffs, but Super Bowl? I heard this morning out of the previous 56 Super Bowls, only 7 or 8 of the losing teams made it back the following year. So history is against them, but we'll worry about that in 10 months.

I do like our future going forward. We have a franchise quarterback. He made some mistakes last night, but also put the team on his back and tried to will them to win. The score was tied when he left the field.

• 2 weeks later...