Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

On 1/14/2023 at 9:44 PM, Birds~69 said:

Him flipping out made it funnier especial when the other car honked and he opened the door and said "FU!" at 5:03...

Never noticed but reading through the YB comments, looks like his phone falls out of his pocket at 1:29 and he never noticed. Talk about a shitty day...

• Haha 1

Still crazy that it hasn't snowed and is looking like it might not at all this year. I'm happy for my friends and family who said winters been alot more bearable this year due to less harsh temps and no snow but there's a good amount of people who enjoy the stuff, like my buddy MB. Hoping he can get something worthwhile at least.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Doesn’t Voyager live in AZ? We can crash at his place. :drunk:

Yup. I live out here, and only 5 air miles from the stadium. I drive by it every day to and from work. Now if you all band together and get me a ticket to the game, you're welcome to come out... :lol:

ps, they only cost $5,000 for the nosebleed seats.

Go Eagles!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One last above normal day today before we trend closer to normal and then well below normal with a brief arctic blast on Friday and Saturday. There is a small chance of some light rain changing to snow tonight and a better chance of some snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
The record high for today is 69 degrees from 1947. Our record low is 7 below zero from 1928. Record precipitation is 1.47" from 1939. Daily snow record is the 5.1" that fell in 2000.
image.png.4b1a720cdc40da9bc552a082db769bfd.png

Just a random thought this morning....

If everybody hates Philadelphia and its fans so much, why would the refs and NFL "throw" the game in our favor? Wouldn't they do everything in their power to see the 9'ers advance and rid themselves of us philthy animals?? :violin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hurts needs to be much better in 2 weeks. Idk if it was the wind or what but he had 3+ overthrows that should have been big plays. You know Mahomes is going to make those, we need Jalen to keep pace with him. I feel we have a huge advantage defensively but they have a slight advantage offensively. Go Birds! I’d take no snow this year for another super bowl. 

On 2/3/2023 at 8:23 AM, Birds~69 said:

Just seen this on FOX29. During the pandemic since their were no sports people bet on weather and now gaining popularity. Not sure how it works but I'm sure some METS or weenies could benefit financially. Probably a lot of over/unders for precip or/and temps...ties "push".

wb.jpg

Yep, this is legit. But the sports books that host these wagers aren't the most dependable...yet. You won't find this on fanduel or draftkings. There was one site I used to use for hockey that had this but it wasn't as easy as you would think. They would pick cities and do a max high temp or min low temp over/under but it wasn't "Philly's high temp 37 o/u"....you had a spread of say 34-42 and could take o/u for that range. Then if you wanted to wager within said range it would be like -1600 or something asinine. 

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yep, this is legit. But the sports books that host these wagers aren't the most dependable...yet. You won't find this on fanduel or draftkings. There was one site I used to use for hockey that had this but it wasn't as easy as you would think. They would pick cities and do a max high temp or min low temp over/under but it wasn't "Philly's high temp 37 o/u"....you had a spread of say 34-42 and could take o/u for that range. Then if you wanted to wager within said range it would be like -1600 or something asinine. 

I agree. It's probably a little shady right now but if there is a demand they (sports books) will figure it out to make it work. 

The -1600 is ridiculous.

Looking at oddssharks real quick this is how I thought it would would work. (Talk about daily addictive gambling)

https://www.oddsshark.com/other/weather-betting-odds 

weatherbet.jpg

• Like 1