Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Seeing my forecasts on FB pop up in my "memories" from 2013 makes me nostalgic. You know.....when December was actually a winter month. Already had 2 or 3 legit events under our belts by this time.

2013-14 is a very underrated winter. It doesn’t get mentioned like 1995-96 or 2009-10, probably because there were no blockbuster storms.

But it’s one of the few wall to wall, cold and snowy winters we had from start to finish I can recall. I’ll take a repeat anytime Mother Nature feels inclined 

57 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

2013-14 is a very underrated winter. It doesn’t get mentioned like 1995-96 or 2009-10, probably because there were no blockbuster storms.

But it’s one of the few wall to wall, cold and snowy winters we had from start to finish I can recall. I’ll take a repeat anytime Mother Nature feels inclined 

I agree. The Eagles snow bowl on December 8th set the tone nicely.

52 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I got Det +6.5 / TB + 7.5 :yikes:

Took Gints +7 separate. Hate to ever go against the Bird but.

Many have Det to win outright so +6.5 is nice. They've been playing well. TB is kinda wishy-washy so I don't know what to think.

Never made a bet against the Birds. I either take them or nothing. Not even a O/U. Or tease. Or parlay. 

• Like 1

Off topic: it is evident in my posts i am having lots of typos. I think i could use some advice. Im using a galaxy s22 and using their samsung internet. When I have the auto correct and/or word suggestion turned on I literally cant type anything...it just keeps getting wonky and wont allow me to type at all. Not sure if it is wonky on other sites input boxes too. When turned off tho, no problem whatsoever.

Any suggestions? Btw, I dont like using tapatalk, i dont care for the interface.

On 12/2/2022 at 11:54 AM, The Iceman said:

Don't worry, they always start well the first ten games then things collapse. We're right in line still for a top 3 pick in a loaded draft and a GM change. My worry though is that unless they clear out the advisors along with the GM(Clarke, Holmgren, Lombardi, Barber), then nothing is really going to change. They'll only hire another puppet that caters to the whims of these dinosaurs. They desperately need fresh blood coming in from outside of the organization. The broad street bullies had their day but the game has passed them by. Get them the hell out of all organizational decision making, it's beyond time. As someone that didn't get to witness the cups, it's really beginning to stain their legacy to me as they are responsible for this current mess. I think Torts can be the right coach but they need a plan to acquire high end talent and no one in the front office currently has one.

Agree on all counts, Iceman. Getting rid of Fletcher is just a start. At the risk of ending up with a Dan Snyder, Comcast needs to divest itself of this team and get it back into the hands of private ownership. Anything short of that, we'll remain 5 to 7 years away from being 2 to 3 years away.

29 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Off topic: it is evident in my posts i am having lots of typos. I think i could use some advice. Im using a galaxy s22 and using their samsung internet. When I have the auto correct and/or word suggestion turned on I literally cant type anything...it just keeps getting wonky and wont allow me to type at all. Not sure if it is wonky on other sites input boxes too. When turned off tho, no problem whatsoever.

Any suggestions? Btw, I dont like using tapatalk, i dont care for the interface.

Buy an Iphone  :P

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Maybe use a different browser (Chrome or Brave), not sure if that'll help?  Both work fine on this site for me.  

I had an s22 ultra until it was stolen out of my back pocket at NOTO nightclub in Philly when I was leaving a Kaskade show there.  Luckily renters insurance paid out for the stolen phone.  I miss the camera on the s22 though, I remember taking a picture from my buddy's balcony on 85th st in Sea Isle, and was able to read the Avalon water tower by zooming in with the 100x zoom.  That's 2 miles as the crow flies.  Mind blowing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Maybe use a different browser (Chrome or Brave), not sure if that'll help?  Both work fine on this site for me.  

I had an s22 ultra until it was stolen out of my back pocket at NOTO nightclub in Philly when I was leaving a Kaskade show there.  Luckily renters insurance paid out for the stolen phone.  I miss the camera on the s22 though, I remember taking a picture from my buddy's balcony on 85th st in Sea Isle, and was able to read the Avalon water tower by zooming in with the 100x zoom.  That's 2 miles as the crow flies.  Mind blowing.  

It's an outstanding phone honestly

11 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Buying an Apple anything is like going to Starbucks for coffee, why?

Ive never owned one, I know a few folks that have them and they incessantly complain about how they are gitchy, they get very slow after a while, and some of the apps are inferior. Most of them say they would love to switch to android but their reasoning is they are comfortable and afraid that rhey wont be able to adapt to android interface. 

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ive never owned one, I know a few folks that have them and they incessantly complain about how they are gitchy, they get very slow after a while, and some of the apps are inferior. Most of them say they would love to switch to android but their reasoning is they are comfortable and afraid that rhey wont be able to adapt to android interface. 

It's comical how expensive Apple computers are. 

On 12/14/2022 at 9:02 AM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Fixed. Was as simple as clearing keyboard cache/data, adjusting a few settings (predictive text,etc),and rebooting the phone. Not that anyone cares, just figured I would post for anyone else having issues.

• Thanks 1

Really stoked on this.  Surfline featured, and quoted me about, a picture I took on Saturday (12/10) at the Ocean City Music Pier.  Really happy with how the shot came out.  I saw the potential for a good pic, but it came out so much better than expected.  Everything was up to chance, from the kid who walked onto the end of the pier at the perfect moment, to the sole surfer who was out braving the cold. There's even a New Jersey license plate visible as a little Easter egg.  It was my first time visiting OCNJ!

fVYDlTn.jpeg

Link to article: https://www.surfline.com/surf-news/fall-fall-part-2-east-coast/167660

For any photo nerds, it's shot on a nikon d5100 with a manual focus nikon 50mm f1:1.2 lens.

• Like 1

I caved and being it was for a good cause, I went on and bought the Iggles "A Philly Special Christmas" album - https://phillyspecialchristmas.com/

Since yesterday was their "final" (in quotes) offering, it won't be delivered until sometime in February but that's okay....  The album cover artwork is a riot.Philly_Christmas_Special_Album_Vinyl-Tra

What was also hilarious was the vid of the players who got together to make that (over this past summer) and some behind the scenes of their rehearsals and recording sessions!  :lol:  This sortof suggests to me why they might be 12-1.  Definitely some great camaraderie there.

• Like 4