Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Yeah there have always been those zones in the California metropolis that run $2.50 more than the east coast. $9.50 gas coming to those lucky folks. 

I usually go to US Gas in Horsham (across the street from the former base) when I visit the area which is quite often. Pay w/cash to receive the discounted price...

us.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think gas will exceed $5.50 in this area. They know what they can charge and have to balance supply and demand there would be too much slack in demand if the price went that high. Also shale producers start pumping when it hits $100 a barrel and at some point Opec will ramp up production. 

On 3/5/2022 at 8:42 PM, Birds~69 said:

Ridiculous. Filled up on Wed @ $3.79....never seen gas prices jump so quick. 

depressing.jpg

Damn, Wawa is out of their minds. The ones on Bethlehem Pike and Dekalb Pike which were $4.19 yesterday are $4.45 today. Is this a new thing to jump a quarter/.25 cents a day?

wawa.jpg

14 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Damn, Wawa is out of their minds. The ones on Bethlehem Pike and Dekalb Pike which were $4.19 yesterday are $4.45 today. Is this a new thing to jump a quarter/.25 cents a day?

wawa.jpg

Going to be 8$ by April so say the experts. Wouldnt be surprised. We haven't seen anything yet.

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Going to be 8$ by April so say the experts. Wouldnt be surprised. We haven't seen anything yet.

While frustrating and EVEN IF that’s true, that would cost your average driver MAYBE $1,000 annually, IF it held at that level for a year (which it won’t)…

Of MUCH bigger concern are our 401ks with the major indices down over 10% this year!!

If your planning on retiring soon, or worse yet already retired, that drop is devastating and equates, already, to a loss of $10,000 for every $100,000 you have invested‼️‼️

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

While frustrating and EVEN IF that’s true, that would cost your average driver MAYBE $1,000 annually, IF it held at that level for a year (which it won’t)…

Of MUCH bigger concern are our 401ks with the major indices down over 10% this year!!

If your planning on retiring soon, or worse yet already retired, that drop is devastating and equates, already, to a loss of $10,000 for every $100,000 you have invested‼️‼️

I moved all my 401k into stable funds (97% of them) back in mid Dec when Covid started to skyrocket. Kept it there, and glad I did. Lucky timing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

We were energy independent not long ago. The good old days I guess.

It is funny now watching people squirm regarding drilling for fossil fuels on our home turf. Once the pinch at the pump started, funny to see the backpedaling and suddenly more and more people open to it. I never understood this....get oil from overseas and pad their wallets while we save the climate here, even tho other countries we get oil from are affecting said climate via fossil fuel refining. Quite hypocritical?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well guys - it's back.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-lockout-league-union-reach-agreement-to-continue-international-draft-negotiation-per-report/

And from MLB.com (both sources are continually updating with details) - https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mlbpa-agree-to-cba

MLB and MLBPA agree to new CBA pending ratification

3:28 PM EST
Mark Feinsand

Mark Feinsand

@feinsand

Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association reached an agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement on Thursday, paving the way for the 2022 regular season to begin on April 7.

The CBA must still be ratified by both sides before it becomes official. Once that happens, Spring Training camps are expected to open on Sunday, bringing the three-month lockout to a close.

The deal came to fruition a day after MLB postponed Opening Day until April 14 in the absence of a new agreement and announced that each team’s first four series were removed from the schedule. However, as part of this agreement, a full 162-game schedule will be played, and the four series that were previously removed from the calendar will be rescheduled. The makeup games that came as a result of the delay will be rescheduled as nine-inning doubleheaders.

The new five-year CBA is expected to include increased minimum salaries, a new pre-arbitration bonus pool to reward the top young players in the game, a raise in competitive balance tax thresholds, the introduction of a universal designated hitter, the widest-ranging Draft lottery in pro sports, a system to prevent alleged service-time manipulation, limits on the number of times a player can be optioned in a season and a 12-team postseason. There will also be the evaluation of an international Draft.

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Hopefully they eat stink bugs and lantern flies and piss gasoline.

My list in order of preference:

1. Piss gasoline

2. Eat all gnats and mosquitoes 

3. Prevent allergies

4. Stink bugs and lantern flies

5. (longshot) Create some sort of atmospheric imbalance which will result in a century of below average temps 

Kind of off-topic but here's a run I filmed at Jay Peak last year. This was the last time I was healthy enough to ride a snowboard.  Just got an epidural injection in my back on Thursday, hoping for some progress. I really miss this, it was the main reason I got into weather in the first place.

I have a bunch more POV footage from this trip, it was sick.  Some of it is on my channel, feel free to check it out.  Hope everyone is enjoying this snowy Saturday. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I celebrated without knowing it. 

Also gas prices are dropping, endangering family members prediction of $7 a gallon

'

WOW…

Maybe they’ll drop enough that people can afford their daily pack of cigarettes and three diet sodas/day once again!

Traders selling off and rebuying stocks is the REAL issue/threat people…
The major indices are down 10%+ in 2022…

STOP THIS INSANITY‼️

• Weenie 1

17 hours ago, Birds~69 said:
21 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

WOW…

Maybe they’ll drop enough that people can afford their daily pack of cigarettes and three diet sodas/day once again!

Traders selling off and rebuying stocks is the REAL issue/threat people…
The major indices are down 10%+ in 2022…

STOP THIS INSANITY‼️

…Likely smoking a cigarette and drinking a diet soda while drilling!

• Haha 1