Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

42 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Tobias Harris ain't much better. All star my ass after a showing like last night. 

He had a bad night, no doubt but he can/and has kicked it up.

Simmons CANNOT SHOOT in general...at all! And FTs...WTF. People thought Shaq sucked at FTs...his worse year in the playoffs was 38%, Simmons is at 32% (4-14 last night). Simmons, himself, has missed more FTs than 3 of the other playoff teams. If Ben would have made ONLY 70% of his FTs this playoff series...Sixers would have swept Atl and we're done. 

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I'm so sick of Simmons....

52 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Tobias Harris ain't much better. All star my ass after a showing like last night. 

In fairness - while both were absent when needed most, look at the last 7-8 minutes of the game. While Young was doing his thing for ATL, WTF was Embiid? After an amazing first 3 quarters, he disappeared when we needed him most. I'm also growing tired of his constant flopping. Own the paint and dominate and stop begging for free throws. 

Just now, Birds~69 said:

He had a bad night, no doubt but he can/and has kicked it up.

Simmons CANNOT SHOOT in general...at all! And FTs...WTF. People thought Shaq sucked at FTs...his worse year in the playoffs was 38%, Simmons is at 32% (4-14 last night). Simmons, himself, has missed more FTs than 3 of the other playoff teams. If Ben would have made ONLY 70% of his FTs this playoff series...Sixers would have swept Atl and we're done. 

My son (26) and I own season memberships. I have told him since day #1 this team will sink at the stripe. It's sickening how bad as a team the Sixers are...but yeah...Simmons is embarrassing. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My son (26) and I own season memberships. I have told him since day #1 this team will sink at the stripe. It's sickening how bad as a team the Sixers are...but yeah...Simmons is embarrassing. 

Your post above to "remotely" blaming Embiid" is horrible....Simmons is the problem. What Center can score/move/rebound/pass and shoot 86% from them line!!!  Wilt, Russell,Shaq etc would die to shoot 86% from the line...

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Could be worse, you could be a flyers season ticket holder like me :axe: 

I had Flyers season tickets in the 90s. Gave them up because it was a hassle on Saturdays to get from Philly to Hersheypark arena for the Bear's game that night. Yes, I had both simultaneously. Now, I just have the 76ers. Why, I do not know...

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Your post above to "remotely" blaming" Embiid" is horrible....Simmons is the problem. What Center can score/move/rebound/pass and shoot 86% from them line!!!  Wilt, Russell,Shaq etc would die to shoot 86% from the line...

Can't argue your points. Wish you could be more respectful of mine. Trae has stepped up late in how many games? Embiid has not. That's how I see it. 

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Birds~69 my point is...Embiid is our "money guy." Yet, what is our record in games decided by less than 10 points in the playoffs?

I believe it's 1-4. That's not #1 seed worthy. With a superstar it should be better than that. He's not delivering down the stretch. 

Do you know what you're talking about????  He has shit for help and Simmons is the problem...

Embiid and Curry combined to go 12 of 21 over the final 24 minutes. The rest of the team? A gross 0 of 11, including just one field goal attempt from three-time All-Star Ben Simmons.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/76ers-game-5-collapse-hawks/gx3knvpgdz7518rxuezihx8re

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Do you know what you're talking about????  He has shit for help and Simmons is the problem...

Embiid and Curry combined to go 12 of 21 over the final 24 minutes. The rest of the team? A gross 0 of 11, including just one field goal attempt from three-time All-Star Ben Simmons.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/76ers-game-5-collapse-hawks/gx3knvpgdz7518rxuezihx8re

Yes, I know what I'm talking about. I've been going to games since 1975. I've been to close to 800 games in person. I know the game pretty well...

I'm not arguing about Simmons. I agree with you - but what did Embiid shoot over the final 8 minutes? Look at every elite team in recent history...every one of them had a star. Did MJ disappear in the final minutes? Lebron? Kobe? Of course not. The ball ended up in their hands, and they delivered. Embiid is our man. Last night, down the stretch, he had multiple turnovers, 2 HUGE missed free throws, and very little else. Yes, no one else did a damn thing. I get that. I was there. 

I can tell you that there were others leaving last night saying the same thing that I am now. While he had no help other than from Seth, he did nothing in the final minutes other than turn it over. Sorry, that's just the facts. 

I'll go now. Thought this could be a place to talk and not be insulted. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes, I know what I'm talking about. I've been going to games since 1975. I've been to close to 800 games in person. I know the game pretty well...

I'm not arguing about Simmons. I agree with you - but what did Embiid shoot over the final 8 minutes? Look at every elite team in recent history...every one of them had a star. Did MJ disappear in the final minutes? Lebron? Kobe? Of course not. The ball ended up in their hands, and they delivered. Embiid is our man. Last night, down the stretch, he had multiple turnovers, 2 HUGE missed free throws, and very little else. Yes, no one else did a damn thing. I get that. I was there. 

I can tell you that there were others leaving last night saying the same thing that I am now. While he had no help other than from Seth, he did nothing in the final minutes other than turn it over. Sorry, that's just the facts. 

I'll go now. Thought this could be a place to talk and not be insulted. 

MJ had Pippen and Rodman.

LeBron had to join the "big 3" to get a title in Miami

Kobe had Shaq

Embiid has....ummm Simmons??? Who can't shoot from the outside and is horrid from the line. What makes matters worse is he's good driving to the bucket but doesn't want to because he's afraid of getting fouled....then he'll brick from the FT line. (mental)

He won't be here next year... 

• Weenie 1

I can see both sides of your guys points. Embiid was dominant overall but when the games came down to the wire, he made some real boneheaded mistakes. But overall he is not the problem. I think those errors stem from having only one guy he can trust to dish the ball off to when the game gets close and that's Curry. One of Tobi or Simmons has to go. It sucks that they are going to sell really low on Simmons and I think the best you are going to get back is a CJ Mccollum type "star" but you can't roll another year with this "big 3". We probably only have 1-3 years left of embiid before his body breaks down and they need to surround him with talent that can help him ASAP. Tobi and Simmons just are not getting the job done.

Anybody is better than Simmons. His decision to pass though he had an open dunk sealed the deal for me last night. It's downright pathetic, and what an awful way to end an otherwise great regular season. Embiid needs another star

On 6/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, Newman said:

Anybody is better than Simmons. His decision to pass though he had an open dunk sealed the deal for me last night. It's downright pathetic, and what an awful way to end an otherwise great regular season. Embiid needs another star

He's paranoid in the attempt to jam ...get fouled then brick two FTs.That's the reason he doesn't drive to the bucket (which he's good at)  because he'll get fouled and get all mental at the FT line...

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

from what i've read simmons is really going to hit the gym this summer and dedicate himself to getting better so i guess things will be ok

Will he post videos again nailing 3s in the gym this summer because you can't edit live TV during the regular season... 

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

from what i've read simmons is really going to hit the gym this summer and dedicate himself to getting better so i guess things will be ok

Under the strict supervision from his brother with no experience as a pro trainer/basketball coach. Things are looking up!

Rant (s):

Hate to sound mean but why are they still saying 160 people "still missing" in the Florida building collapse? I say at best 3 are still alive  and giving families false hope. Yeah, a heavy brick /stone 12 story falls at 1:30am and people just survive? The people on the 6-12 floor would die from height. Those below get squashed even if they survive the height. I say by Sunday they (media) slowly start saying "we doubt anyone could survived."

Sick of Brittany and her mental issues. Millions have mental issues but don't get her attention 24/7. Hey Brittany tell your screwed up Dad to F-off and leave....you have millions! What's he going to do ???

Watching PHL17 version of Ch6 at 10pm and Adam Joseph shows the nasty hot/humid/steamy 90s 5 day forecast. Then when done and as he does the awkward transition back to news desk....the giggly anchor laughing/smiling says "Look Great!" WTF!!!

Trade Simmons....    

• Weenie 1