Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

If waiving Ghost was meant to send a message, epic fail!

For me, this all goes back to 2005 and the implementation of the salary cap. The Flyers have never figured out how to achieve sustained success since then. Five GMs, god knows how many coaches and it's always the same -- up against the cap and struggling to make the playoffs. And if they do make it? Maybe they win a round at best. Don't forget, if they lose that shoot out on the last game of the regular season in 2010, they don't make the playoffs and that Cup run never happens.

If Fletcher maintains they're not selling, it's only because no one wants what they're selling.

Maybe I'll buy a Kraken jersey when they become available.

+1. The way to win in the new nhl is bottom out for 3 seasons stockpiling elite young talent. It's shameful teams like the new york rangers have been to a cup and rebuilt in less time the flyers. Missing on picks like nolan Patrick is inexcusable and sink a franchise. I really don't have much hope for the future with the flyers. They have a bunch of good pieces but no great/elite pieces. It makes a big difference. I'd blow it up...

• Weenie 1

On 3/31/2021 at 1:31 PM, The Iceman said:

Sorry that happened to your mom And her date and I'm glad both are ok. Sadly these types of crime are on the rise across the region. Who would of guessed that defunding the police would have these kind of consequences but I digress... 

Indeed that's a very scary style incident. Fortunately in Pottstown the criminals seem to resort to more traditional patterns so far.

The defund the police thing started back even before some of this social justice stuff started really getting kicked up. So becareful not to squarely place blame just on that (which is not an accusation). I'm really against centralizing the police force as many Pennsylvania townships are doing. As you saw first hand response times are not good when that is done.  Oley township is now central berks police department with a few other townships. I would like to see more focus put on educating new officers in investigative work and civics as opposed to having all of these military like vehicles which generally serve only a limited role. I think requiring police to work in pairs is a good thing to improve quality and career satisfaction for officers. Sometimes using time proven methods is the best way. I dont see why this all has to be so complicated but I guess people just think they can save a dime.

Glad yous all are okay.

• Weenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, JTA66 said:

Good news: Phils won't lose today

Bad news: Flyers play tonight

Days until Fall: 160 :weenie:

(Sorry greenskeeper, I preemptively weenied myself)

You're lucky you received 2 weenies...a self given weenie and greenskeeper weenie. My post above you is from April 3rd and that son of bietch greenskeeper didn't give me 1!  He's slipping, I'll tell ya he's slipping and something may have to be done...

My post from April 3rd as of April 22nd at 7pm (screenshot) ....no weenie!  

nw.jpg

• Weenie 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Sixers have won 8 in a row albeit against pretty weak competition. Good to see them on a roll going into the playoffs though. Home court is important to this team even without fans. 

1 more win and their the #1 seed. If somehow Brooklyn ties them (super doubtful) their still #1 seed because they'll win the head-head tiebreaker. However if Mil sneaks in and ties them (again, super doubtful) Mil would be the #1 seed due to the head-head tiebreaker...

• Weenie 1

Eagles Schedule. Reid comes back to Philly as well TB and Brady. 1 Mon night game at Dallas, 1 Thurs night game vs TB. Last 4 games vs NFC East. Vegas Over/Under wins 6.5. Only team with less Jets 6.

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Sunday, September 12 at Atlanta Falcons (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 2: Sunday, September 19 vs. San Francisco 49ers (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 3: Monday, September 27 at Dallas Cowboys (8:15 PM, ESPN, 94WIP)

Week 4: Sunday, October 3 vs. Kansas City Chiefs (1 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 5: Sunday, October 10 at Carolina Panthers (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 6: Thursday, October 14 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8:20 PM, FOX/NFLN/Amazon, 94WIP)

Week 7: Sunday, October 24 at Las Vegas Raiders (4:05 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 8: Sunday, October 31 at Detroit Lions (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 9: Sunday, November 7 vs. Los Angeles Chargers (4:05 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 10: Sunday, November 14 at Denver Broncos (4:25 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 11: Sunday, November 21 vs. New Orleans Saints (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 12: Sunday, November 28 at New York Giants (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 13: Sunday, December 5 at New York Jets (1 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 14: Bye Week

Week 15: Sat., Dec. 18 or Sun., Dec. 19 vs. Washington Football Team

Week 16: Sunday, December 26 vs. New York Giants (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 17: Sunday, January 2 at Washington Football Team (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 18: Sunday, January 9 vs. Dallas Cowboys (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Love all the 1pm games, that’s how Eagles Sunday should be!

When you see a lot of 1pm games that means all the networks think you will suck which they're probably correct. (O/U 6.5 wins)

When you see a bunch of 4pm, Thurs night, Sun night and Mon Night start thinking Superbowl...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Eagles Schedule. Reid comes back to Philly, we go to TB and Brady. 1 Mon night game at Dallas, 1 Thurs night game vs TB. Last 4 games vs NFC East. Vegas Over/Under wins 6.5. Only team with less Jets 6.

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Sunday, September 12 at Atlanta Falcons (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 2: Sunday, September 19 vs. San Francisco 49ers (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 3: Monday, September 27 at Dallas Cowboys (8:15 PM, ESPN, 94WIP)

Week 4: Sunday, October 3 vs. Kansas City Chiefs (1 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 5: Sunday, October 10 at Carolina Panthers (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 6: Thursday, October 14 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8:20 PM, FOX/NFLN/Amazon, 94WIP)

Week 7: Sunday, October 24 at Las Vegas Raiders (4:05 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 8: Sunday, October 31 at Detroit Lions (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 9: Sunday, November 7 vs. Los Angeles Chargers (4:05 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 10: Sunday, November 14 at Denver Broncos (4:25 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 11: Sunday, November 21 vs. New Orleans Saints (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 12: Sunday, November 28 at New York Giants (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 13: Sunday, December 5 at New York Jets (1 PM, CBS, 94WIP)

Week 14: Bye Week

Week 15: Sat., Dec. 18 or Sun., Dec. 19 vs. Washington Football Team

Week 16: Sunday, December 26 vs. New York Giants (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 17: Sunday, January 2 at Washington Football Team (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Week 18: Sunday, January 9 vs. Dallas Cowboys (1 PM, FOX, 94WIP)

Beginning of that schedule is brutal, they could easily be sitting 0-7/1-6 come Detroit. The only favored games are the New York teams, Lions, and Bronco's. Every other game, the birds would be underdogs. Don't care though, this season is house money. Either Hurts will step up and show he's the guy to build around going forward or he crashes and burns and the Birds have a top 5 pick next year plus 2 more. And with Indy's and Miami's schedules, don't be surprised if at least one of those ends up top 10 as well. I could easily see Miami/Tua coming back down to earth this year especially after Bill B bought every FA known to man. Best case is Wentz plays full time next year but plays like he did last year. That Indy pick could be top 10 as well. Imagine having 3 top 10 picks... 

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Beginning of that schedule is brutal, they could easily be sitting 0-7/1-6 come Detroit. The only favored games are the New York teams, Lions, and Bronco's. Every other game, the birds would be underdogs. Don't care though, this season is house money. Either Hurts will step up and show he's the guy to build around going forward or he crashes and burns and the Birds have a top 5 pick next year plus 2 more. And with Indy's and Miami's schedules, don't be surprised if at least one of those ends up top 10 as well. I could easily see Miami/Tua coming back down to earth this year especially after Bill B bought every FA known to man. Best case is Wentz plays full time next year but plays like he did last year. That Indy pick could be top 10 as well. Imagine having 3 top 10 picks... 

Totally agree. This year is evaluation year. See what Hurts is all about, Sirianni as head coach, rookies etc. And yeah, their draft potential next year could be super nuts in a good way...

• Weenie 1

Gas up to $3.20 here. Sick of this, it's taking a fortune to fill my tank every week.

In other news, looking forward to the PGA Championship this week, my pick is Rory McIlroy after his great win at the Wells Fargo two weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 hours ago, Newman said:

Gas up to $3.20 here. Sick of this, it's taking a fortune to fill my tank every week.

In other news, looking forward to the PGA Championship this week, my pick is Rory McIlroy after his great win at the Wells Fargo two weeks ago.

If you hate price spikes in gas go to an diesel or better an electric vehicle.... both diesel and especially electricity have more stable and regulated pricing. ...Go Rory!

5 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

If you hate price spikes in gas go to an diesel or better an electric vehicle.... both diesel and especially electricity have more stable and regulated pricing. ...Go Rory!

What normal car runs on diesel? And once the battery on electric car hits the fan it cost thousands to replace plus the cost of recharging...no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2