• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

Responding to @Birds~69about pa/nj weed from the obs thread.

PAs medical program is way better than Jerseys and since they added anxiety to conditions basically anyone can get it now, you just gotta pay you 100 to the state and 150 for a doctor appointment. It's basically legal weed just pay to play lol I made sure to get my card renewed before I moved so I can still use the pa dispensarys. Jerseys program is a joke, there's only like ten dispensarys in the entire state, closest one to me is like a hour away... I really don't have high hopes for jersey even if it's legal...

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

PAs medical program is way better than Jerseys and since they added anxiety to conditions basically anyone can get it now, you just gotta pay you 100 to the state and 150 for a doctor appointment. It's basically legal weed just pay to play lol I made sure to get my card renewed before I moved so I can still use the pa dispensarys. Jerseys program is a joke, there's only like ten dispensarys in the entire state, closest one to me is like a hour away... I really don't have high hopes for jersey even if it's legal...

So hold up, if I have anxiety and a documented history with my doc I can go get a card? I heard mixed reviews on weed and anxiety. Some say its great. Others say it makes it worse. 

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Pretty sure they're only opening (licensing) 37 shops for the first 2 years in the whole state of NJ which isn't too much. I'm sure they'll tax the complete hell out of it... 

• Weenie 1

50 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So hold up, if I have anxiety and a documented history with my doc I can go get a card? I heard mixed reviews on weed and anxiety. Some say its great. Others say it makes it worse. 

Depends on the individual. I have mild anxiety and when I had some in my 20s and was in public, it kicked the anxiety way up. In a controlled environment (camping, backyard, home) it mellowed me out. Some of my friends could smoke it anywhere w/no problem. It all depends....

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

You don't even need the documented history though it doesn't hurt. I came prepared with all my medical documents in order and the doctor I saw literally just took my word for it, didn't ask to see anything on a 5 minute telemedicine call... It was a joke :lol: personally weed works great with my anxiety but it has to be an indica. I stay away from sativa's because it makes my anxiety worse. 

5 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Pretty sure they're only opening (licensing) 37 shops for the first 2 years in the whole state of NJ which isn't too much. I'm sure they'll tax the complete hell out of it... 

What a joke... Lines are going to be obscene and prices are as well I bet. Best bet is definitely staying on the medical program just to save on the taxes. 

3 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

What a joke... Lines are going to be obscene and prices are as well I bet. Best bet is definitely staying on the medical program just to save on the taxes. 

Do you still use the medical program regularly and what is the cost?  What do you pay...insurance pays and for how much?

I was never a "pothead" just occasionally on weekends when we could get it. If I remember correctly in my late teens/early 20's (late 80's/early 90's)...there were "nickel bags" ($5)..."dime bags ($10) then 1/8oz  bag($20-$25)) and 1/4oz bag ($40).

What some people don't realize even if does become legal....your job will still "piss test" you and if you show up "dirty", you could still get fired.

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Do you still use the medical program regularly and what is the cost?  What do you pay...insurance pays and for how much?

I was never a "pothead" just occasionally on weekends when we could get it. If I remember correctly in my late teens/early 20's (late 80's/early 90's)...there were "nickel bags" ($5)..."dime bags ($10) then 1/8oz  bag($20-$25)) and 1/4oz bag ($40).

What some people don't realize even if does become legal....your job will still "piss test" you and if you show up "dirty", you could still get fired.

Another good reason to have the card... If you have a card, there are actual protections from being fired from your job. It's basically like having any other controlled substance script. I use the medical program every week and spend roughly 100 bucks. But I also only get vape carts/concentrate/edibles because I'm all about keeping it discrete since i'm a daily user. I used to be prescribed xanax/opioids though for a variety of things so I'd much much rather be a daily pot user than on that garbage... 

• Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Another good reason to have the card... If you have a card, there are actual protections from being fired from your job. It's basically like having any other controlled substance script. I use the medical program every week and spend roughly 100 bucks. But I also only get vape carts/concentrate/edibles because I'm all about keeping it discrete since i'm a daily user. I used to be prescribed xanax/opioids though for a variety of things so I'd much much rather be a daily pot user than on that garbage... 

Is that $100/wk...$400mth out of your pocket? Does insurance kick in any?

Is that $100/wk...$400mth out of your pocket? Does insurance kick in any?

I wish insurance covered that but nah it's all out of pocket. I guess I'm just so used to paying it that it doesn't seem that bad :lol: I don't even get a ton with that 100 which is sad... It's really 2 items I get a week.

12 hours ago, mattinpa said:

Now that was more like it by the Sixers’ bench. Want more of that. Would like to have Lowry, but I am afraid we would get weakened in other areas.

would love to have lowry but not at the expense of giving up maxey or milton or matisse...at some point you have to develop your draft picks instead of trading them for half a year rentals...i'm not sure they need to be in the championship or bust mode this year...

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

I can reduce that chart to two seasons...

Nov 1 to Memorial Day = November

Memorial Day to Halloween = August

I would just delete late Spring and all of Summer if I were the weather President. Also, kill all pollen, gnats and mosquitoes and any other annoying insect/bug who try to bother me as I BBQ/eat outside...   

44F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

20 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Weed smelled great back in the late seventies to me d eighties, not so much now. More like skunk roadkill.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Weed smelled great back in the late seventies to me d eighties, not so much now. More like skunk roadkill.

Friend of mine is a chemical engineer and a few years back decided to grow a few plants in the basement. MY GOD, it smelled like old time weed! You could smell it outside...not sure of his technique but he did it right. Now that his child is getting older he decided to knock it off for the time being but man they should hire hire at one of those growing dispensaries...   

• Weenie 1

Friend of mine is a chemical engineer and a few years back decided to grow a few plants in the basement. MY GOD, it smelled like old time weed! You could smell it outside...not sure of his technique but he did it right. Now that his child is getting older he decided to knock it off for the time being but man they should hire hire at one of those growing dispensaries...   

It smelled like pine I bet, miss that smell. Once it's legal in PA I'll check out a dispensary 

• Weenie 1

Wheels are coming off the Flyers... Hart looks awful. Provorov looks awful. Patrick is invisible. They're getting by simply on 33 year old giroux's will but not a recipe for success. They are lucky nyr/njd/buf are a free 2 point game but this team is going nowhere if they don't figure out the power play, defense, and goaltending. 

• Weenie 2

5 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Heading to Phillies Spring Training on Saturday after missing last year with the virus hit.....Go Phils!

Enjoy!! I was supposed to knock spring training off the bucket list last year but alas covid made sure that wasn't going to happen yet. Hopefully next year!

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 9:36 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

Sixers playing very well these days. What I like most about this team right now is that they're playing unselfishly and staying focused by putting teams away. I'm actually more enthused about this team than any over the last 20 years. 

Did you see the game tonight (Tues)? Super intense and doing this w/o Embiid. The defense played nuts down the stretch to grab the win....

On 3/16/2021 at 10:56 PM, Birds~69 said:

Did you see the game tonight (Tues)? Super intense and doing this w/o Embiid. The defense played nuts down the stretch to grab the win....

Yes, I don't miss many games...and haven't since PRISM was around. :) I've been a diehard fan since the 1976-77 season. The game Tuesday night? That's a game they would not have won under Brett Brown. Period. This team is gelling under Doc.