• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

I went to Citizens Bank Park in 2006 to see the Mets vs Phillies. 

Philly  fans are ruthless 

They were taunting us all game . We also had one guy whip his penis out and was about to piss on our car because we were from NY. 

Mets won that game. Wagner had a quick 9th inning. Nice stadium.

Cheesesteaks were awesome there.

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

They were taunting us all game . We also had one guy whip his penis out and was about to piss on our car because we were from NY. 

Every city has a-hole fans, it's not just Philly. I'm sure if I went to a Mets game in NY decked out in Phils gear, the same thing would happen to me.

• Weenie 1

21 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

My cousins son is a minuteman! 

I've always have been a golf fan, Justin Rose and Sean O'hair are some of the hometown favorites around here. Do we have any other golfers on here?

I've always like Philly sports, I'm probably most partial to the Eagles, The Phillies are my NL team and I dont follow the NBA or Hockey very much. 

Golf is my sport! I've played competitively all the way up from high school and now into college. No lessons, no teachers. Just myself and the course. I'm a 5 handicap so it's taken lots of effort to get to where I'm at. My favorite pros are actually alot of the British guys: Rose, Westwood, Fleetwood, Fitzpatrick. Idk, I've always gravitated towards them haha. Favorite American golfer is Schauffele.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Golfer checking in! Just got my email that my central jersey men's league is starting up first week of April, we had to take last year off so I'm hype to get back on the course! We rotate playing the mercer county courses each week. 

My favorite pro's are Phil and Bubba because I'm a lefty. I also really like Brooks though, he's a baller and brings a swagger to the game that hasn't really been seen in awhile.

Brooks is my cousin, his mother is a Philly girl (Lafayette Hills to be precise), hence the Philly Additood in his game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Mets fans are just as bad... I've been to both cities as a Braves fan.. Phillies fans literally cursed me out/harassed me all game long when I was ten years old... Mets fans ruined a chipper jones jersey of mine because one of their asshole fans chucked a soda at it... I was definitely under 18 for that too. The northeast in general have shitty fan bases. Going to pro sporting events anywhere else in the country is so different than the northeast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newman said:

Golf is my sport! I've played competitively all the way up from high school and now into college. No lessons, no teachers. Just myself and the course. I'm a 5 handicap so it's taken lots of effort to get to where I'm at. My favorite pros are actually alot of the British guys: Rose, Westwood, Fleetwood, Fitzpatrick. Idk, I've always gravitated towards them haha. Favorite American golfer is Schauffele.

What's your low score at Crossgates? I shot a 76 there when I went to school at MU...I'm a 12 handicap so it was a big deal to me. :lol: 5 handicap with no lessons or anything is incredible. I take a lesson at the beginning of every year to warm up and get my swing in a good place with someone watching it and I still can't break a 10 handicap. 

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

My older sister would go to clubs/bars in NJ during the 70s are see Flyer players hanging out like normal people. No big deal, just hanging out. 

NHL players are by far the coolest most down to earth of the 4 major sports....

True - I ran into Don Saleski in a gas station way back when, he was waiting for his car to be inspected or something, and we talked for about 5 or 10 minutes. Just a regular guy attitude.

5 hours ago, The Iceman said:

What's your low score at Crossgates? I shot a 76 there when I went to school at MU...I'm a 12 handicap so it was a big deal to me. :lol: 5 handicap with no lessons or anything is incredible. I take a lesson at the beginning of every year to warm up and get my swing in a good place with someone watching it and I still can't break a 10 handicap. 

Crossgates has not been friendly to me! I think my low is around a 75 or 76 as well. I remember starting my round with 3 straight birdies once.... gave them all back and shot a +2 on the front. I haven't been able to get out recently because of the snow, so looking forward to spring soon. I play on the Club golf team here, I actually am the founder and president. We had a fun "Ryder Cup" type event within our club team last fall and I don't think I lost a single match haha. Probably the most fun I've ever had golfing. Playing competitively just with friends is a blast. And I didn't know you went to MU, I love this school and wouldn't trade going to any bigger meteorology school (Penn State, Rutgers, Oklahoma, etc.)

• Like 1

Well it looks like winter is about done and we survived for warmer pastures yet again. I am looking forward to getting my trolling motor and new rod holders installed on the boat in a few weeks. Probably have her in the water by the end of March.

Need to replace some of my azaelas and re-mulch. Some of them didn't survive. I had grass planted in the yard last fall and it was looking amazing before winter hit, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up looking this spring. I'll probably strip the gazebo and stain it as well this spring. My batteries are just about recharged, I'm ready to get back to work!

5 hours ago, Newman said:

Crossgates has not been friendly to me! I think my low is around a 75 or 76 as well. I remember starting my round with 3 straight birdies once.... gave them all back and shot a +2 on the front. I haven't been able to get out recently because of the snow, so looking forward to spring soon. I play on the Club golf team here, I actually am the founder and president. We had a fun "Ryder Cup" type event within our club team last fall and I don't think I lost a single match haha. Probably the most fun I've ever had golfing. Playing competitively just with friends is a blast. And I didn't know you went to MU, I love this school and wouldn't trade going to any bigger meteorology school (Penn State, Rutgers, Oklahoma, etc.)

Yup! Class of 2015(5.5 year plan ftw lol). I was a met major there but switched my junior year to environmental geography because school wasn't a priority in my young mind :lol: but Thats awesome you founded a club golf team! I wish there would of been club golf when I was there, I definitely would have chose it over hockey... Don't get me wrong, hockey was fun, just a lot of work... Totally agree about MUs met program, professors were all amazing, I wouldn't have traded my experience there for the bigger schools either. 

9 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Sixers are a good team but need an extra push. Hopefully Morey is aggressive enough. They need a shot creator to help Embiid out and a better bench.

The Flyers can’t even beat Boston at full strength much less with half the team out.

If they could have kept Butler that would have been perfect...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If they could have kept Butler that would have been perfect...

Indeed. Sad to see him go. But that’s over now and at least Morey has shown the ability to get extra help before. If this is a championship or bust year as Morey said, I don’t think the Sixers are a championship team right now.

15 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I know. Played well through the first (tied 2-2) which gave me some hope...then things fell apart.

Hart this season has looked like all the average goalies we have had for many years. But I still think it is a confidence issue and he’ll be better. We tend to give up on athletes too early in Philly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mattinpa said:

Indeed. Sad to see him go. But that’s over now and at least Morey has shown the ability to get extra help before. If this is a championship or bust year as Morey said, I don’t think the Sixers are a championship team right now.

Anything less than a Eastern Finals appearance (probably vs Nets/Bucks)...total fail of a season. Even then, if they lose in the Eastern Finals....somewhat of a fail. Embiid and Simmons are in their prime...gotta get things going. And the West is pretty stacked even if they made it to the finals.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

Hart this season has looked like all the average goalies we have had for many years. But I still think it is a confidence issue and he’ll be better. We tend too give up on athletes too early in Philly.

I agree sometimes but is this a Wentz reference? Because I really think he had to go...he wasn't getting along w/anyone and being replaced by Hurts freaked him out.

Just now, Birds~69 said:

I agree sometimes but is this a Wentz reference? Because I really think he had to go...he wasn't getting along w/anyone and being replaced by Hurts freaked him out.

No I thought Wentz was done here. Part of that could have been the moves Roseman made, but Wentz wasn’t blameless. I don’t think we should give up on Hart yet.

Seeing mock drafts with the eagles drafting Fields at 6 or even worse trading up to 3 to draft him, would me sick. He's getting so overrated off that one playoff game, everyone's ignoring he looked like doo-doo for 75% of the season. He doesn't progress through reads, and is honestly just as raw as Hurts. He's got a little bit more talent but if I were the birds, I'd trade down to 8 or 10, and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. They'd be able to land either a marquee corner or receiver still in that range and it'll give them more players on rookie deals. I'd love for them to get Parsons but I don't see them drafting a linebacker that high even if he's the best defensive player in the draft.. 

1 hour ago, The Iceman said:

Seeing mock drafts with the eagles drafting Fields at 6 or even worse trading up to 3 to draft him, would me sick. He's getting so overrated off that one playoff game, everyone's ignoring he looked like doo-doo for 75% of the season. He doesn't progress through reads, and is honestly just as raw as Hurts. He's got a little bit more talent but if I were the birds, I'd trade down to 8 or 10, and pick up another 2nd or 3rd. They'd be able to land either a marquee corner or receiver still in that range and it'll give them more players on rookie deals. I'd love for them to get Parsons but I don't see them drafting a linebacker that high even if he's the best defensive player in the draft.. 

I agree about not drafting a QB. Hurts deserves a chance, and bring in a veteran backup. I would stay at #6 and draft a WR or even Pitts. I like Parsons, but Hurts needs offensive weapons. And we are over the cap, limiting FA chances.

49 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

I agree about not drafting a QB. Hurts deserves a chance, and bring in a veteran backup. I would stay at #6 and draft a WR or even Pitts. I like Parsons, but Hurts needs offensive weapons. And we are over the cap, limiting FA chances.

We suck at drafting WRs and have so many needs. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down for multiple picks...

• Weenie 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, The Iceman said:

Very sorry to hear about your dad man, that's really awful... My dad is one of my best friends and was my coach too until I made it to Jr. C.  He had a major heart attack at 40 too(we were playing paintball)but thankfully he survived. To this day, it's still the scariest moment of my life so far because he was in really good shape so it was a shock to see him like that. Like you said bad genes suck! I hope time has made things a bit easier for you though. :hug:

I'm just a few years older than you, I'm a super late 1990 and I played for Pennsbury in high school, Warwick Wildcats, and Tristate Selects(Now the Philadelphia Revolution). The rink at West Chester was one of my favorites to play. Made the rinks I played at look like a dump :lol:

Thank you man I appreciate that.  Glad your dad's still kickin'.  I played at Great Valley in high school but our team was terrible.  Smaller school so not as many people to pull from.  I think we played Pennsbury?  And Iceline is a great rink, they have a dryland training facility upstairs with a skating treadmill that my team used to use.  It was pretty dope.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

We suck at drafting WRs and have so many needs. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down for multiple picks...

I want to get one of the top picks this time. Harder to make a mistake with options like Chase and Smith. We still have enough picks without trading down. Of course, if they do trade down, I won’t be mad about it. Just not what I would do.