Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2021 Medium/Long Range Discussion

madwx

1 minute ago, Jonger said:

I don't know if it's just the way we remember things, but it sure seems like t-storm activity around here has been non-existent compared to years past.

I think there's some truth to it, particularly with severe weather.  Michigan has seen quite a downturn in frequency, especially with tornadoes.

13 hours ago, Jonger said:

I don't know if it's just the way we remember things, but it sure seems like t-storm activity around here has been non-existent compared to years past.

No, severe weather has definitely been down the past several years. The OV used to light up in the spring and summer. I remember those days well:cliff:

3 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The Euro is trending toward keeping next week's rain south of most of Iowa.  Ugh.  The story of this spring has been south, south, south.  Even when 80s surge into Iowa, the storms miss south because that's where all the energy is tracking.

Except the early week storms in Wisconsin missed here to the north. :huh:

On 4/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, mississaugasnow said:

crazy. Nothing but rain (wet snow possible friday night) here in the eastern Great Lakes the next 14 days. The drought is essentially over in WNY and Southern Ontario 

By a mile the most exciting storm of spring was the Apr 20/21 snowstorm. There were 3 events in April that had around half inch of liquid (including the snowstorm) and there were a few rumbles of thunder in 2 days but nothing really resembling a soaking or true thunderstorm with any wind. 

3 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

[david byrne voice] same as it ever was

Capture.JPG

Seems most years here in N IL you have the oscillation of 80s one day to 50s the next day till late May. Then as if someone flips a switch it goes to 70 or higher and just stays there. You have some fantastic 70+ weather for about 3 weeks in June before heat >90F hits late Jun. into the Jul4th holiday.