Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday Morning 2/22 Snow Event

Ji

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Moderate sleet with a little rain and a few flakes mixed in too...so a little bit of everything. This is more than I thought for most, but we've seen enough of these already. Slop in the metros while N&W gets a decent dump....over and over and over.

I'd suggest getting off of here and trying to enjoy what we are getting...but at the same time I get ya. I just wonder if comparison takes from the enjoyment. Was a stark difference a couple weeks ago when we got the wet snow that covered everything...I was tad disappointed seeing folks get more while I was online, but...as I drove out afterward, appreciated it a lot more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'd suggest getting off of here and trying to enjoy what we are getting...but at the same time I get ya. I just wonder if comparison takes from the enjoyment. Was a stark difference a couple weeks ago when we got the wet snow that covered everything...I was tad disappointed seeing folks get more while I was online, but...as I drove out afterward, appreciated it a lot more.

I get it but still....I have about 10-11" on the year. Considering all the chances over the last month, thats pretty paltry.  Just haven't really received that one solid dump on this side.

• Sad 1

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Moderate sleet with a little rain and a few flakes mixed in too...so a little bit of everything. This is more than I thought for most, but we've seen enough of these already. Slop in the metros while N&W gets a decent dump....over and over and over.

Sorry bud :( That’s unfortunately the same deal as every other city along 95 between Richmond and Boston. Not just here unfortunately. 2000-2015 was filled with winters featuring i-95 specials and area wide significant snows. We got a bit spoiled by it.  Climo is just rearing its ugly head more than recent years this winter. Nyc has done better in comparison to its suburbs than Baltimore and DC have, but this is what the usual song and dance looks like in the mid Atlantic historically (outside of the past decade) 

it’s a shame — with some very small adjustments, 95 would definitely be well over climo. Hope there’s at least one area wide warning snowfall in the old tank before winter comes to a close. You all deserve it after these past 3 winters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, umdterps29 said:

What's with the 1 second videos that you post 1000 times during every storm? If you're going to post a video that massive on the forum at least make it like 5 seconds so we can see what's happening

I have never once been able to see these videos. I just assume it’s snowing heavily and keep scrolling 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic