Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday Morning 2/22 Snow Event

Ji

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Not surprised.  Central PA has been a good spot this year.  

I’ve actually done better then places north of me in PA. Last 2 trips to north of Hanover and York they had barely any snow on the ground while I had 8”+ snowpack.  I think they may have had almost as much fall as me but it melts a lot faster once you get out of these ridges here.

TTduzNo.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

We sure have . Washington/ Frederick/Carroll/ N Harf. I've had 30" in February alone . Best feb probably since 2010 .

Currently snow/sleet mix 

30 F

Incredible stuff. Gives me a few more ideas as to where I might move after my college years haha. 

Seems like that HRRR is somewhat optimistic of having a temporary flip back to snow for areas just NW of DC. 3k NAM has it in an incredibly isolated spot, but backend flakes would still be nice, even if non accumulating. 

• Like 1

Just now, losetoa6 said:

We sure have . Washington/ Frederick/Carroll/ N Harf. I've had 30" in February alone . Best feb probably since 2010 .

Currently snow/sleet mix 

30 F

Not sure I remember any winter where Sykesville ended up with half of what we do up in the northern half of carroll county. Pretty surreal honestly. 

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

its not if you understood my area and what happens during marginal events. but thanks!

Yeah, I definitely don’t know everyone’s micro climos lol. We’re at very similar latitudes. Wonder if it’s proximity to the bay? Would be interested to know more about Maryland’s climo and why folks have had such a vastly different winter being so close by to another. I admittedly don’t know much about the climos of certain areas - except that Thurmont always gets smacked. :lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic