Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday Morning 2/22 Snow Event

Ji

3 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I’m one of the weird people who is happy to track snow through March and even early April. We’ve had plenty of good storms in March, but this year has been really frustrating for a good part of this forum.  The pandemic adds an extra layer of frustration since people are antsy to get outside and enjoy some nice weather.  I can see why many people are ready to move on to Spring   

My issue is that winter is all I've got. I loathe Spring and Summer with a passion. The growing plant life, bugs, heat, humidity. It's awful. So I start getting bummed around this time every winter just because I know no matter if there's wintry weather in March, were still right around the corner from the inevitable arrival of the warm seasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve25 said:

My issue is that winter is all I've got. I loathe Spring and Summer with a passion. The growing plant life, bugs, heat, humidity. It's awful. So I start getting bummed around this time every winter just because I know no matter if there's wintry weather in March, were still right around the corner from the inevitable arrival of the warm seasons. 

But each passing day brings us that much closer to fall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

You're gonna love the arrival of brood X cicadas! :P

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Longer days, soft breezes, cooking on the grill, eating outside, working in the yard, playing golf, baseball, fishing....doesn’t get much better,  can’t wait!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Warm Nose said:

LWX cutting back on totals for some

StormTotalSnow.png

Models didn't change since this afternoon so I wonder why they're cutting back?     I guess they're banking on sleet being mixed with the snow .     

I think this is going to be a boom for the M/D line there is  no mixing there, they will probably get more like 4-6".  Maybe 2-3" along I70 into the north side of Baltimore.

And the  1" line looks about right assuming mostly sleet and rain near the beltway.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Mesos still holding steady for later . I'm hoping Timonium/Towson gets snow . I'll be working down there all afternoon.  

Seems like the HRRR has take  some steps back south of the MD/PA line over the last few runs. Good luck in Timonium, it’s right on the fall line so better chance up there than for me. I’ll be lucky to see a few mangled flakes and a few sleet pellets over this way. 

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Seems like the HRRR has take  some steps back south of the MD/PA line over the last few runs. Good luck in Timonium, it’s right on the fall line so better chance up there than for me. I’ll be lucky to see a few mangled flakes and a few sleet pellets over this way. 

Does anything show us NOT starting as snow though? Accumulation prob not, but I think mod-heavy white rain is a lock.

3 minutes ago, T. August said:

Does anything show us NOT starting as snow though? Accumulation prob not, but I think mod-heavy white rain is a lock.

It’s pretty close on the HRRR and some mesos. The low dew points is what’s saving us for that potential. Though southerly flow is supposed to be screaming up as precip starts so it’s a pretty darn fine line. I think people deff on the fall line and west should see snow but I’m still skeptical about much particularly for me and areas by the bay 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

And now winds are suddenly screaming.  Was dead still 1 minute ago?  And out of the south.  That can't be good.

That's what happens with a low to the NW and a high to the east. You will be ok out there. That strong sw flow aloft is partly responsible for giving you those nice dendrites.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

It’s pretty close on the HRRR and some mesos. The low dew points is what’s saving us for that potential. Though southerly flow is supposed to be screaming up as precip starts so it’s a pretty darn fine line. I think people deff on the fall line and west should see snow but I’m still skeptical about much particularly for me and areas by the bay 

Probably a bit of snow or snow/rain mix before changing to rain over here. I am in Easton, so might not see any snow here.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic