Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monday Morning 2/22 Snow Event

Ji

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Growing up in a snow minimum area I was never ready for it to be over . Always waiting for the next chance . Sunny and 60 is 12 months a year potentially but snow chances are only a few months as you know .  I personally take everything flake I can and enjoy it . Yea...DC has had just horrific luck lately...plain and simple.  I'm sure though that if a 3-5" snow presented itself in DC in March most would take it . 

The idea of declaring an end or packing it in has always seemed silly to me. There are at least 3 more weeks where it can reasonably still snow in most of this region. I am not thrilled with what I see on guidance for here over the next week or so, and so my interest level is pretty low, but beyond that, who knows. I will enjoy the generally nice weather this week(after tomorrow) and go from there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The idea of declaring an end or packing is it has always seemed silly to me. There are at least 3 more weeks where it can reasonably still snow in most of this region. I am not thrilled with what I see on guidance for here over the next week or so, and so my interest level is pretty low, but beyond that, who knows. I will enjoy the generally nice weather this week(after tomorrow) and go from there.

I agree. I don’t want it to be over. But it doesn’t look good, especially now that the late week deal has seemed to fall apart. But if something can pop up in March, I’ll take it

3 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I agree. I don’t want it to be over. But it doesn’t look good, especially now that the late week deal has seemed to fall apart. But if something can pop up in March, I’ll take it

The late week event isn’t dead. There’s a resurrection going on LOL.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ji said:
2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:
3k nam 6 hour qpf . Most of this falls in 4 hours . Impressive rates if real.

nam-nest-dc-precip_6hr_inch-4020400.thumb.png.0ede88f74b7a32097870d1e9a64fd82f.png

Qpf hates Leesburg

Thurmont with another 6-10” lol. My son is already sick of the snow up at the mount. Clearly he doesn’t follow in his pops footsteps. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Imagine how funny it would be if this was the largest snow event so far (we still got March) of the winter. Fail after fail and then the storm no one payed attention to is the largest event. Would be so funny and at the very least some snow looks possible. 

Love me a sneaky little snowstorm! 3k verbatim would be a nice hit in a very short perios Plus… it seems that whenever LWX goes with advisories for 1-3, we over perform. Watch I-95 get 2-3” and 3-5 in the NW zones now lol 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

36 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The idea of declaring an end or packing it in has always seemed silly to me. There are at least 3 more weeks where it can reasonably still snow in most of this region. I am not thrilled with what I see on guidance for here over the next week or so, and so my interest level is pretty low, but beyond that, who knows. I will enjoy the generally nice weather this week(after tomorrow) and go from there.

Myopic people spreading myopia 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, gopper said:

I know it's the RGEM and all, but it has had a Baltimore Bulls-Eye for at least 4 runs in a row now.  Did Baltimorewx bribe the Canadians?

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=rgem&region=neus&pkg=asnow&runtime=2021022118&fh=26

I can almost buy it, because of course this little event that nobody cares about would be the biggest one of the season.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, gopper said:

I know it's the RGEM and all, but it has had a Baltimore Bulls-Eye for at least 4 runs in a row now.  Did Baltimorewx bribe the Canadians?

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=rgem&region=neus&pkg=asnow&runtime=2021022118&fh=26

I don’t know but if it doesn’t work out, I know who to blame. 

6FBBA336-92E8-45EE-841B-D47B21BFCC3D.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Growing up in a snow minimum area I was never ready for it to be over . Always waiting for the next chance . Sunny and 60 is 12 months a year potentially but snow chances are only a few months as you know .  I personally take every single  flake I can and enjoy it . Yea...DC has had just horrific luck lately...plain and simple.  I'm sure though that if a 3-5" snow presented itself in DC in March most would take it . :ph34r:

I’m the same way but I’ve come to realize many get frustrated and move on by March if it’s not been a good winter. It’s kind of ironic because you would think if we had a lot of snow people would be more tired and done with it but it seems in bad years when it’s been mostly a fail that we get a lot of “I wish this just just end” sentiment. 

28 minutes ago, gopper said:

It nailed last weeks storm along side the NAM. Had the mid level warm nose and 1-2” amounts along the 95 corridor and nailed the jack zone. Now is really the only time frame I’d give the RGEM any credibility.  Certainly doesn’t hurt to have it being so consistent and on your side. Only thing I typically do is cut snow/precip amounts in half. 

Imagine it scores a coup here? 

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Its weird ( we r all whacos)...There's definitely a contingent of people here who matter what ...want to move on to spring come March . They are cut from a different cloth then me . The joke here  is I will track a sleet pellet in April but actually I don't particularly like sleet . :lol:

You may not like it, but you’ll track no doubt! :D

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Its weird ( we r all whacos)...There's definitely a contingent of people here who matter what ...want to move on to spring come March . They are cut from a different cloth then me . The joke here  is I will track a sleet pellet in April but actually I don't particularly like sleet . :lol:

I’m in the group that once “snow” is a couple hour event (because as soon as it stops it starts melting and a day later it’s 60 degrees) then I’m done. A perfect example for me is the March 2013 storm. 11” of snow and I hated that event to it’s core. By 10 am that morning (most of the snow happened before dawn) it was like a flood of melting. By dark 11” of snow was at most 3 or 4. On the other hand, about a week later we had a very light event, but it was really cold for March. We had accumulating snow and snow and ice covered roads in the middle of the afternoon .... that didn’t melt. I really enjoyed that event. I guess as the name suggests, I love winter weather. And one requirement of that is temps below 32 and frozen, whether falling or laying on the ground. To each their own. But more to your post,  by about the third week of March, I’m completely done.

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m in the group that once “snow” is a couple hour event (because as soon as it stops it starts melting and a day later it’s 60 degrees) then I’m done. A perfect example for me is the March 2013 storm. 11” of snow and I hated that event to it’s core. By 10 am that morning (most of the snow happened before dawn) it was like a flood of melting. By dark 11” of snow was at most 3 or 4. On the other hand, about a week later we had a very light event, but it was really cold for March. We had accumulating snow and snow and ice covered roads in the middle of the afternoon .... that didn’t melt. I really enjoyed that event. I guess as the name suggests, I live winter weather. And one requirement of that is temps below 32 and frozen, whether falling or laying on the ground. To each their own. But more to your post, By about the third week of March, I’m completely done.

Than you are probably going to loath this event tomorrow. According to the HRRR we are 46 degrees at noon tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I’m one of the weird people who is happy to track snow through March and even early April. We’ve had plenty of good storms in March, but this year has been really frustrating for a good part of this forum.  The pandemic adds an extra layer of frustration since people are antsy to get outside and enjoy some nice weather.  I can see why many people are ready to move on to Spring   

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic