• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Suffice to say we probably have 1-2 more decent shots at topping off our snow totals for this winter before it finally begins to relent, probably in about 10 days time. Here downstate in Sullivan we still need roughly 7" to meet average, which two 3-4" events next week will suffice. Can't give a vote of confidence if we can get it right now

• Like 1

Seems like we continue to see the SAME ol' setup we've been dealing with now that the chillier air is back. Lake effect snows to the Finger Lakes/BGM...and PA to southern NY having possible Synoptic threats. On both sides of that, the Mid-Atlantic zone and the zone in NY north of Route 20 yaaaaaaaawns.

Tough weather year for me. Hot and 90 degrees for days and days last summer, followed by 5 to 6 months of November weather. 

Maybe my wife and I should live in a high-up mountain town in Colorado where they get tons of snow for me and lots of warm sun for the wife.

• Like 1

This look says it all:
1616144400-xYPYLvIRxrE.png&key=da3eedad11957e655df921f1b38c789ba23ac71a3b66af45687e0cf8e4f7dd5b
That's not a bad look at all. Flow is out of the NW so it should be cold enough to snow but the position of the trough doesn't look to good for development but I guess we'll see what happens.

Personally, I couldn't care less if it doesn't snow anymore as it's been a stressful enough Winter and it just looks to continue with straight garbage!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

That's not a bad look at all. Flow is out of the NW so it should be cold enough to snow but the position of the trough doesn't look to good for development but I guess we'll see what happens.

Personally, I couldn't care less if it doesn't snow anymore as it's been a stressful enough Winter and it just looks to continue with straight garbage!

For sure. Time to put an end to it and hope next winter somehow turns better.

21 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

After those couple days with highs in the upper 60's to low 70's, who wants to see any more snow, lol, unless it's Epic event with our sub-forum seeing at least 18-24" across the board. Is it possible, yeah, but will it happen, HELL NO!

Ha! Now that the snowpack has disappeared, and anything we get now will just melt the second the sun hits it...I can go with 60s/70 degree highs and 45-50 degree lows straight through to September. Ah, a dream....

• Like 1

Fauci is very much considering lowering the 6ft rule to 3ft. A recent study of 251 Massachusetts school districts showed no difference in Covid related cases of infection between the 2 distances while wearing masks. So there is now overwhelming evidence of low #’s of transmission in schools and the 6 ft rule seems to be the curtail to opening schools fully. Thus needs to be lowered immediately so school kids can get back where they belong, in school, amongst friends in a social and educational environment 

3 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Fauci is very much considering lowering the 6ft rule to 3ft. A recent study of 251 Massachusetts school districts showed no difference in Covid related cases of infection between the 2 distances while wearing masks. So there is now overwhelming evidence of low #’s of transmission in schools and the 6 ft rule seems to be the curtail to opening schools fully. Thus needs to be lowered immediately so school kids can get back where they belong, in school, amongst friends in a social and educational environment 

Wrong thread... ;)

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

There was meaningful snow here this winter? I must have missed that. :P:D

There wasn’t a single storm that impressed me (for my area). That Binghamton storm was one for the ages. Very few LES also. I guess that’s how Rochester is 20” shy of normal after a great February. 
Just got back from the Tug. As I said before, West Leyden and Ava are unique areas with big snow. 

• Like 2