• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It’s amazing that thunderstorms werent anywhere in our forecast tonight. 

Is this lake enhanced??  Didn’t think the air mass change was that cold, plus lake is frigid. Seems to be hung up though, heavy rain here for 30 minutes with lots of lightning. Radar looks like a lake effect rain band. 

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Is this lake enhanced??  Didn’t think the air mass change was that cold, plus lake is frigid. Seems to be hung up though, heavy rain here for 30 minutes with lots of lightning. Radar looks like a lake effect rain band. 

The lake air is incredibly stable in an airmass with surface temps in the 50s and 60s.  This is just a good old fashioned cold front with some decent upper level support. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I bet you enjoyed today. The WIND was STRONG in the Cuse all day. Frequent strong gusts throughout. No damage though. :P 

I was working deep inside my lab today so I missed anything good :(   This frontal passage is pretty wild right now though!  Very gusty

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Ton of snow up in the Dacks. Dave should have some fun this weekend

159814494_10209147112551278_781452913394

Thanks for thinking of me! It’s melting fast here in the SW corner. But there’s still a bit. The SE corner of TUG still had a bunch. Driving through West Leyden it looked like 24-30”? Above the tires on abandoned work vehicles. That town is unbelievable. It always has a ton. Headed to Snow Ridge today and I’ll see what’s left there. I’d also like to make it a bit higher to Whetstone Park in the Tug- they usually have a lot. Barely any good ways into the Tug (in a car) from the East side. It reminds you of it’s rural nature. 

• Like 1