• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

9 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Come on, now. We know you and @Syrmax started that fire to melt that remaining snow...... I think I got a picture of you watching it from across the highway:

image.jpeg.99fe96a8022fa65ca7ef309c140b0000.jpeg

image.png.ca2a5cfdeeff7a34d2bb009bc544cb70.png

In the meantime, here is the forecast for where I'll be this weekend sipping a nice margarita on the beach. :thumbsup:

Friday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

is that a controlled fire?

No.  Just a random fire in the train yard under the Tift Street bridge.  Had quite a few trucks working it.  Burnt just over an acre.  Surprised as that area is kinda swampy and still has snowy patches, wouldn’t think it could burn up so quick.

5BF0E428-6E06-42F8-9E56-B9FB734076E4.jpeg

1EED703F-B0E3-4C8C-A265-4E53D0451443.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

No.  Just a random fire in the train yard under the Tift Street bridge.  Had quite a few trucks working it.  Burnt just over an acre.  Surprised as that area is kinda swampy and still has snowy patches, wouldn’t think it could burn up so quick.

5BF0E428-6E06-42F8-9E56-B9FB734076E4.jpeg

1EED703F-B0E3-4C8C-A265-4E53D0451443.jpeg

Interesting.  Looks like relative humidity's dropped to around 30% yesterday afternoon in Buffalo.  That's right around the breakpoint where fires can burn erratically and violently.  Its amazing how critical humidity is to fire danger.  

• Like 1

"Average" amount of notable LES events is like 8-10 annually..This year we recorded 9..Not a terrible year regarding the lake especially after the late start..We just didn't have any huge events (several feet) besides the surprise feb 20th event..

Actually buffalo south towns had a couple 3'+ events..

https://www.weather.gov/buf/lesEventArchive?season=2020-2021&event=A

Screenshot_20210309-103111.png

22 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

51 2 days ago and 50 degrees yesterday here at KBUF. It's already in the upper 40s this morning. Should make it up to mid/upper 60s today. 

Already 55 at the 9am reading.  I think we could make a run at 70 if we keep the down slope wind from the south instead of SW over that ice cube in the lake. Gonna spend a good chunk of the day outside enjoying this!  

• Like 1

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Already 55 at the 9am reading.  I think we could make a run at 70 if we keep the down slope wind from the south instead of SW over that ice cube in the lake. Gonna spend a good chunk of the day outside enjoying this!  

Enjoy! I'm at work until 430 then going disc golfing with some friends. Can't wait! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Once you cross the county line the matt effect takes place:P All joking aside up to 52° Imby..

Screenshot_20210310-110411.png

Gah! It's so annoying! I'm the opposite of Buffaloweather. I want it to be a popsicle around me. lol...I don't know why...I don't like when I'm the "warmest place" on a map.

It does feel very nice out though.

• Like 1

62 here. Beautiful day out. Snow is just about gone in my yard, guessing by the weekend the only thing left will be some small piles where the plow guy pushed it up. Temporarily fixed my mailbox post by putting in a bucket full of dirt haha, that will work till i get around to digging a hole and new post. Damn town plow drivers lol. 

• Like 1