• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

End of EPS and GEFS look like a brief arctic shot. I would say the 17-21 should be below normal with a chance of a snowstorm. 

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

gfs-ens_T850a_us_54.png

More models are showing below average for April and May too as well so it looks like it's going to be prolonged below average for next several weeks. 

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It seemed like we had more winter March through May last year than we did during WINTER as well! Haha... Oh, Syracuse.

Par for the course around here. It will still feel like early spring in mid May  then suddenly it’s 90. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It seemed like we had more winter March through May last year than we did during WINTER as well! Haha... Oh, Syracuse.

Back from Rochester...just flurries there last night and thru this afternoon. Sorta confused why its snowing here now. But then, yeah its March...why not.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Back from Rochester...just flurries there last night and thru this afternoon. Sorta confused why its snowing here now. But then, yeah its March...why not.

Looks like we are on the southern fringe of a band setting up...looks like it will move south but wouldn’t mind a nice stall over us.  Nice sight on a Saturday evening while nursing a hangover.

• Haha 1

Read an article last night regarding how bad the Oswego area has been doing snow wise..So I checked myself and they weren't kidding lol So far this year they have 59", last year? 49" lol So yeah it could be worse.. This is with 100% reporting (no missing days)..For an area that usually averages 20"-30" more than the syracuse region..

Main culprit according to the Oswego spotter is winds out of the WNW/NW and not as much out of the west over the past couple seasons, obviously lack of cold hasn't helped the situation lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Read an article last night regarding how bad the Oswego area has been doing snow wise..So I checked myself and they weren't kidding lol So far this year they have 59", last year? 49" lol So yeah it could be worse.. This is with 100% reporting (no missing days)..For an area that usually averages 20"-30" more than the syracuse region..

Main culprit according to the Oswego spotter is winds out of the WNW/NW and not as much out of the west over the past couple seasons, obviously lack of cold hasn't helped the situation lol

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Goes to show you how short people's memories are lol I'm always hearing complaining about"west" but in reality it's been mostly NW flow all year..

My colleagues who live in Oswego said that they don't seem to get much more than here. In fact, they said they feel like we get more here than they do! Being right along the lakeshore can really hurt their snow totals with things "jumping" over them. Of course, those tea kettle snows and Westerly bands that hug the shore are we they can cash in.

Snowing heavily still, with what looks like a solid band forming over us (don't think it will last long.)

I'm a bit surprised at how well we've made out today. The snowflakes have been excellent dendrites that accumulate quickly.

I honestly think we might make it to at least 6 inches on the day.

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

My colleagues who live in Oswego said that they don't seem to get much more than here. In fact, they said they feel like we get more here than they do! Being right along the lakeshore can really hurt their snow totals with things "jumping" over them. Of course, those tea kettle snows and Westerly bands that hug the shore are we they can cash in.

Yeah the last couple years but the 30 year avg is 141" and the previous 30year average was 150"..

37 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Snowing heavily still, with what looks like a solid band forming over us (don't think it will last long.)

I'm a bit surprised at how well we've made out today. The snowflakes have been excellent dendrites that accumulate quickly.

I honestly think we might make it to at least 6 inches on the day.

It's a mess on roads now.  About 3" IMBY. Not much fell during day while I was gone.