Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm in love, I need another dog. 

I lost my 11 year chocolate lab July of last year, he was the best dog i ever had. I missed having a dog around. I found out a friend of mine pup was gonna have puppies i said yup it's time to get another dog. So far Oakley is fitting in just great. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Revracer800 said:

I lost my 11 year chocolate lab July of last year, he was the best dog i ever had. I missed having a dog around. I found out a friend of mine pup was gonna have puppies i said yup it's time to get another dog. So far Oakley is fitting in just great. 

I’ve had labs my entire life. They are the best dogs ever. Mine comes everywhere with me. He also loves snow. He is a black lab rescue mix. 

263A4F5F-D119-464E-8B95-DD849C8703E0.jpeg

EC248026-70BB-4F0F-B6F6-2B81C017AB00.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

4 cats and a dog lol Couple of them found me like this orange tabby who showed at my door step in Altmar.. Befriended my pup from the other side of the glass and have been BFF since lol

PXL_20210216_020833647_MP.jpg.8468c1e592

They are so cute. That cat looks just like my moms. I cannot get any cats as my wife is crazy allergic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Oh boy! Cute pup. 
On a weather note, I can’t believe it’s over. But IDK. Next two weeks look like May. I’ll stick with my idea that March has a trick or two but it’s looking a little pessimistic right now. 

850 temperatures on the Euro look like anything but May for the next 10 days. A couple of mild days but some pretty cold air over the northeast. It’s an entirely different look from the GFS. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Revracer800 said:

I lost my lab mix last spring and the wife and kids talked me into a puppy in late fall. So we now have a 5 month old purebred lab. Growing like a weed, and tons more active than my 14 y/o was!

Didn’t lose much snow here today, even my black topped driveway didn’t clear up much more. But I washed my truck for the first time in months!

.HYDROLOGY... There`s a risk for ice jams on the Buffalo Creeks Sunday and Monday. The combination of warmer temperatures and some light rain may be enough to cause ice to break up on some of the Buffalo Creeks. Unlike earlier this week, the snowpack will be more dense (or ripe) for run-off heading into Sunday due to the warmer temperatures preceding it. Without significant rainfall, it typically takes about 300 thawing degree hours (TDH) in order for ice to start to break up on the headwaters of Buffalo Creek, Cazenovia Creek, and Cayuga Creek. At this time the latest forecast is for highs in the upper 40s which would keep TDH below this, however if it`s any warmer than ice break up and associated jams are possible. There is still a significant snow pack in place (2-4 inches in the headwaters), and ice on the creeks is thick. This also corresponds with MMEFS ensembles which show a risk for run- off with chance for action level rises on some creeks. If it warms enough for creeks to rise to action level, there would likely be ice break up and a risk for ice jams.

Underwater team was out cutting the triangles in the ice along the Caz slants today.  Ice was looking pretty thick... ~6”.

92756354-B659-4CEA-81DB-887F59A38934.jpeg

D32CF7A9-93E8-41E3-803A-01373599515D.jpeg

1EA39BF5-E3C9-4E49-A314-9B9485BB0F31.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

.HYDROLOGY... There`s a risk for ice jams on the Buffalo Creeks Sunday and Monday. The combination of warmer temperatures and some light rain may be enough to cause ice to break up on some of the Buffalo Creeks. Unlike earlier this week, the snowpack will be more dense (or ripe) for run-off heading into Sunday due to the warmer temperatures preceding it. Without significant rainfall, it typically takes about 300 thawing degree hours (TDH) in order for ice to start to break up on the headwaters of Buffalo Creek, Cazenovia Creek, and Cayuga Creek. At this time the latest forecast is for highs in the upper 40s which would keep TDH below this, however if it`s any warmer than ice break up and associated jams are possible. There is still a significant snow pack in place (2-4 inches in the headwaters), and ice on the creeks is thick. This also corresponds with MMEFS ensembles which show a risk for run- off with chance for action level rises on some creeks. If it warms enough for creeks to rise to action level, there would likely be ice break up and a risk for ice jams.

Underwater team was out cutting the triangles in the ice along the Caz slants today.  Ice was looking pretty thick... ~6”.

92756354-B659-4CEA-81DB-887F59A38934.jpeg

D32CF7A9-93E8-41E3-803A-01373599515D.jpeg

1EA39BF5-E3C9-4E49-A314-9B9485BB0F31.jpeg

Why triangle cuts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

Why triangle cuts?

Safest cut to make in the ice for divers.  After the cut is made they actually need 2-3 guys to stand on it until it submerges and gets pulled away by the current under the ice.    Not sure of the engineering aspect but I know they do cut the points to face a certain way which acts to create stress points that will break the ice up in a way that it is less likely to jam up.  Beats the old days when they use to just drill a couple holes and load them up with TNT.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Revracer800 said:

I don't think anyone in Oswego County got anything but maybe a trace to a dusting last night? 

11 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing unless it was extremely isolated..I picked up a trace, Oswego cocorahs had a T, high number mexico 0.3" ...

10 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

I don’t throw in the towel until St. Patrick’s Day. We’ve had some big snowstorms in mid March in recent years. After that I would take a big storm but snow generally melts faster than it falls. And as a point of reference, the record highs in Syracuse the last couple of days were set in 2017 (yesterday’s was 68) and we had a major storm in mid March. 

Hm, interesting. She definitely had fresh snow on the car. Said it stopped halfway on her way to Fulton. Maybe an immediate lakeshore thing?

The sunset tonight was gorgeous. I was working late at work and got some nice pictures from my work windows.

• Like 1