• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Dansville blew past all of us and hit 60 degrees today! THEY are the tropics of Upstate NY. Consistently seems to ring in with the maximum high. Sometimes Elmira challenges them...and once in a while the Cuse.

Not sure if their thermometer/airport is in a warm microclimate location, or if they truly are primed for maximum downsloping and other warming factors.

Definitely this. If you google this you'll see they are in a perfect location for warm temps.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Definitely this. If you google this you'll see they are in a perfect location for warm temps.

Yeah, I have driven through there several times and they are tucked between some steep hills. My thinking is that usually downsloping is maximized when there is some room/space at the bottom of those higher elevations...like a longer, flatter valley.

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'm a little surprised the snowpack is barely melting here with a temp in the mid 40s... it must be super dense and packed now with all the ice layers. The low dewpoint in the 20s and overcast skies are probably helping to reduce melt as well.

Same here, the Monday stuff is gone but that's it. Dense layered pack holding on. Sure that last 1.5" of sleet is doing work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Top layer was fake snow. And it was 51 today. Rained yesterday. 3 days near or above 40? I’m surprised we only lost 7 or 8”....

I think the surprise synoptic 4 inches of snow we got here the other day that you guys missed out on helped us too. We're pretty much down to where we were at before that snowfall

Sorry I’ve been absent all - life can be one hell of a ride. 

But whatever is bothering you that isn’t consequential - let it go. 
My Mom was out of the ICU for that lone day I sent - but she’s been back since. NJ lifted COVID restrictions so I drove the 4.5 hours to see her. 
She’s dying and today was the hardest day of my life because that became a lucid reality. 
Even my closest friends don’t know but the anonymity we share and the deep love of odd things we have is enough for me.  You’ve all been so wonderful to me.  

I love her so much and the world won’t be the same  

4B06D9E2-BDB2-47E7-AFE7-AD7F3CA69899.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 16

12 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

My Mom was out of the ICU for that lone day I sent - but she’s been back since. NJ lifted COVID restrictions so I drove the 4.5 hours to see her. 
She’s dying and today was the hardest day of my life because that became a lucid reality. 
Even my closest friends don’t know but the anonymity we share and the deep love of odd things we have is enough for me.  You’ve all been so wonderful to me.  

Much peace for you as you go through this tough time. Thanks for sharing with us. This is a special place when you feel safe coming here and knowing that we are here for you regardless of distance and whether we know you face to face. I am here if you need to shoot a private message and just grieve to a "stranger."

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Sorry for your loss. 

6 hours ago, 96blizz said:

Man, so sorry for your loss. May she rest is peace. 

Matt, I’m so sorry for what you’re going through. I’ve lost both my parents and it’s very hard. Every once in a while life deals us a gut punch that puts what’s important in perspective. I hope you have family you can lean on. I have a big family and leaning on each other at times like this can give you strength and solace. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 96blizz said:

Sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 96blizz said:

So sorry Blizz. :(

• Like 1