• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, yankees102110 said:

My wife had to pick a friend up from work in Amsterdam yesterday because she was terrified to drive, she said market street and 30 were awful. 

I’m familiar with Amsterdam (the first job I was assigned to with the state DOT was the arterial project in 1977, shows how old I am).  Those streets have some steep grades to them. They were late plowing our street yesterday but at least it’s flat here. 

16 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

A while back I gave my reasons for calling this winter average even if we’re below average on snowfall. So I’m rating it C+/B-.  If we were to get a major snowfall in March I might raise it to a B. 

I can't give this anything more than a D at this point, IMBY.  We're likely to not reach even last year's 87".  Its been a solid 5 weeks but the totality of the season has been double bogey golf. If we at least get to last year's to totals I'd consider bumping this up to a C or C-.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I’m familiar with Amsterdam (the first job I was assigned to with the state DOT was the arterial project in 1977, shows how old I am).  Those streets have some steep grades to them. They were late plowing our street yesterday but at least it’s flat here. 

Yep, Amsterdam is all hill. I live like 10 miles or so north of Amsterdam.

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Your thermometer must be a bit off...most of No. Onondaga Cty looks to be 33-35 based on the wxunderground local map.  

I’m down to 37 now but it is easily influenced by the sun during the day. Actually starting to get a slushy accumulation now. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Same :lol:

When people came to babysit me they would turn on cartoons and I would switch it to the weather channel. 

13 year old buddy:  “I just found a stack of my dads private videos!”

13 year old me:  “Nah fam. I’m good. Just watched the weather channel.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

This is awesome! I've never seen this before. I never got screen time but my videos were used on CNN!

Yeah, that was back when I led a Lake effect storm Chase With people coming in from all over the northeast and mid Atlantic.  It was awesome!   And having The Weather Channel interview some of us was great tooo.

• Like 5