• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Looks great, doesn't it??!? The trees are all decked in a thick layer.

I can get a small glimpse of one of the main roads here in Bville from my office and it still looks messy and slushy. The synoptic snow can definitely survive the influences of increased sunlight better than the lake effect fluff!

Still snowing moderately here with backbuilding continuing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Wow, it looks like Rochester really got gipped on this one! I was looking at the obs and it looks like you maybe had an hour or 2 of light-ish snow?

Yeah. It was bound to happen. Hey! We’ve had a pretty good month. Snow is well above my knee at my folks house in Pittsford. It doesn’t get much deeper in these parts. 
I don’t think we had any storms last March. Typically, it’s Rochester’s snowiest month. Or am I imagining that? Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

This one is somewhat compensation for some of the low busts we’ve had recently. 

For sure! I agree.

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah. It was bound to happen. Hey! We’ve had a pretty good month. Snow is well above my knee at my folks house in Pittsford. It doesn’t get much deeper in these parts. 
I don’t think we had any storms last March. Typically, it’s Rochester’s snowiest month. Or am I imagining that? Lol

Your pics look like it's pretty deep there. :) 

Now Rochester and Syracuse might dance back and forth on who has higher season snow totals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Definitely imagining. Average temps in mid March are into the 40s. 

https://www.weather.gov/buf/RochesterSnow

13 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Definitely imagining. Average temps in mid March are into the 40s. 

https://www.weather.gov/buf/RochesterSnow

Definitely some bangers in there though! One 30” total and 2 just shy at 29 and change so while Dave was incorrect in his assessment that March was possibly Rochester’s snowiest month they’ve definitely done quite well even with highs averaging in the 40’s by months end

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Definitely some bangers in there though! One 30” total and 2 just shy at 29 and change so while Dave was incorrect in his assessment that March was possibly Rochester’s snowiest month they’ve definitely done quite well even with highs averaging in the 40’s by months end

I didn't add the averages together but I'm pretty sure its the 4th snowiest month after Dec, Jan, and Feb like most of Upstate. However, it does seem like March produces bigger synoptic events than most months do. 

Usually post this once a year or so with my limited posting - picture of Lake Erie. Must have not been too ice covered recently . This was taken on top of our Coaster about 1/2 hour ago, looking northeast up the lake. Ice free save some slushy shore ice. Taken at the amusement park I work at which is at the entrance to Presque Isle state park, couple miles west of the city of Erie. If we do get some cold, Lake seems available for some action...

1053926726_lakeeast.thumb.jpg.791231f08d1c898acaa459ca58a19072.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, MAIDEsNow.2 said:

Usually post this once a year or so with my limited posting - picture of Lake Erie. Must have not been too ice covered recently . This was taken on top of our Coaster about 1/2 hour ago, looking northeast up the lake. Ice free save some slushy shore ice. Taken at the amusement park I work at which is at the entrance to Presque Isle state park, couple miles west of the city of Erie. If we do get some cold, Lake seems available for some action...

1053926726_lakeeast.thumb.jpg.791231f08d1c898acaa459ca58a19072.jpg

makes no sense, I thought we had a pretty cold February. The warm Dec/Jan definitely is the culprit.