• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

This is a powerful little system that seems to have been overlooked by most Mets and the public as well. Heavy snow here presently and the snow isn't having any problems sticking either but that may change later on this afternoon as diurnal changes take place.  29 degrees here atm and I doubt we get much higher than the freezing mark tday.

There's a double Jet structure up at the 500mb level which is enhancing the lift in the right exit quadrant of the Jet!

500mb_sf.gif?1614000576716

Also up at the 300mb level where there also exists a Jet Streak of 140 kts which is also enhancing lift thats why there is two enhanced areas of precip, one in Eastern PA and the other in WNY, sweet!

300mb_sf.gif?1614000897560

• Like 3

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Well to be fair the NWS uses guidance just like we do lol If you guys are surprised so are they lol Are they supposed to forecast snow amounts that the models don't show? Now they have been slow to react at times..

They know a little more about thermals, atmospheric conditions, weather balloons, and 20-30 years experience then we do but I agree. They have more tools at their disposal.  

• Like 1

Advisory was issued for WNY not long ago..

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM EST THIS
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Snow. Additional snow accumulations of 2 to 3 inches.
  Most of the snow will occur through late this morning. Winds
  gusting as high as 30 mph resulting in patchy blowing snow in
  open areas.

* WHERE...Niagara, Orleans, Monroe, Wayne, Northern Cayuga,
  Erie, Genesee, Wyoming, Livingston, and Ontario counties.

* WHEN...Until 1 PM EST this afternoon.

11 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

This is a powerful little system that seems to have been overlooked by most Mets and the public as well. Heavy snow here presently and the snow isn't having any problems sticking either but that may change later on this afternoon as diurnal changes take place.  29 degrees here atm and I doubt we get much higher than the freezing mark tday.

There's a double Jet structure up at the 500mb level which is enhancing the lift in the right exit quadrant of the Jet!

500mb_sf.gif?1614000576716

Also up at the 300mb level where there also exists a Jet Streak of 140 kts which is also enhancing lift thats why there is two enhanced areas of precip, one in Eastern PA and the other in WNY, sweet!

300mb_sf.gif?1614000897560

I love it. BUF loves to talk about double jet structures and exit quadrants. I super appreciate you pointing it out, professor. 

• Like 1