• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yikes. So generally a lackluster decade in comparison to other ones. Perhaps we can do a repeat and get a 40 inch storm in March? :lol:

The two big 40 inch storms in recent Syracuse history were 1966 and 1993. There were 27 years between the 66 storm and the 93 storm. It has now been 28 years since the 93 storm so maybe we’re due for another one. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I have plans to do a midwest tornado chase in the near future.

That's funny. My bucket list includes paying Reed Timmer for a ride along during a tornado outbreak in the Plains with the hopes that he intercepts an EF-4 or 5 and gets close enough to hear the roar. Some of his chase videos are just insane. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I consider myself pretty in shape but that was extremely hard to run in for a long period of time. After 30 seconds I could barely breath.

That's how I feel when I have to wear a mask and try playing running games with the kiddos at work. lol (Oh, and definitely not as fit as you! haha)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

That's how I feel when I have to wear a mask and try playing running games with the kiddos at work. lol (Oh, and definitely not as fit as you! haha)

I still think that episode I had and everything that's been going on is some side effect of Asymptomatic Covid. Everyone at my work got it aside from me and one other person and we work in very close contact. My stamina is not where it was last summer.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I still think that episode I had and everything that's been going on is some side effect of Asymptomatic Covid. Everyone at my work got it aside from me and one other person and we work in very close contact. My stamina is not where it was last summer.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, there are many odd situations related to it. I really think it went through my building last winter and in March. Barely anybody has gotten it and I had a colleague last Spring who tested for the antibodies and she had them...so she was exposed at some point. I have O- blood, which I have read may have some special antibodies affiliated with it in protecting one from the virus. Very interesting stuff! (sorry everybody for the off-topic comment).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, there are many odd situations related to it. I really think it went through my building last winter and in March. Barely anybody has gotten it and I had a colleague last Spring who tested for the antibodies and she had them...so she was exposed at some point. I have O- blood, which I have read may have some special antibodies affiliated with it in protecting one from the virus. Very interesting stuff! (sorry everybody for the off-topic comment).

Yeah I just haven't felt normal in awhile. There are so many long term side effects that we don't completely understand yet about this virus even for those who show no symptoms. Pretty crazy. My sister just got her 2nd dose and was down for 2 days and feels better now. I've changed my stance and when available I will be getting it.

What really made me change my mind was my boss still can't breath deeply almost 2 months after getting covid. Forget that...

• Like 3

I'm starting to think the same thing..

Last March I went to the hospital for digestive issues with shortness of breath and was diagnosed with gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) but here I am almost a year later and still not totally over it..

I would litterly hyperventilate going up a flight of stairs..My respiratory has improved but I still get winded extremely quick compared to my old self.. Gastritis can take years to totally heal but idk lol 

I've seen a lot of "long haulers" complain about lasting digestive issues..

Small sample size..

206 hospitalised patients diagnosed with low severity COVID-19 were identified, 117 of these presented with digestive symptoms.

Within the 117 experiencing digestive symptoms, 

• 48 presented with a digestive symptom alone, 
  • 69 with both digestive and respiratory symptoms, 
  • 67 presented with diarrhoea, of whom 19.4% experienced diarrhoea as the first symptom in their illness course. 
  • Sad 2

Forecast is pretty much 3"-7"/4"-8" from Monday into Tuesday..

Monday
Snow. High near 33. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Monday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Tuesday
Snow showers before 3pm, then rain and snow showers. High near 35. Southwest wind 8 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.