Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Watch 2021

nj2va

1 hour ago, WVclimo said:

Renting a lakefront cabin at Deep Creek Lake the weekend of the Spring Solstice.  Hard to say what conditions we'll find there 4 weeks from now.

Expect clouds, chilly weather, and potentially some snow.  Of the four seasons, spring is by far the worst there as its seemingly always chilly and raining until Memorial Day.  Not to sound like a complete deb. :lol:  

In all seriousness, hopefully its good weather...there’s so much snow on the ground that unless there’s an epic torch, I’d expect snow to still be around then.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

Expect clouds, chilly weather, and potentially some snow.  Of the four seasons, spring is by far the worst there as its seemingly always chilly and raining until Memorial Day.  Not to sound like a complete deb. :lol:  

In all seriousness, hopefully its good weather...there’s so much snow on the ground that unless there’s an epic torch, I’d expect snow to still be around then.

The place we are staying has a wood stove inside and a backyard fire pit so we should be set either way.  It also has a deep water dock and canoes and kayaks available but I doubt if we will be able to get out onto the lake unless we get a big-time thaw the next few weeks.  We always carry a folding canopy with us, big enough to cover a hot tub if it’s raining.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Every single torch this winter  modeled at range got muted to just 1 or 2 days of 5-10F above normal.  I'm going with seasonal trends 

I’ll say this... I have a snowboarding trip to Canaan on March 4-7th.... not too worried about it being wintery. Look at the 12z models. Being a resident of dc for 30 years... spring doesn’t come cheap.

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There’s like zero chance of that map being right, but come March, I’m ready for it.

And @WxWatcher007, if you’re sneaking around this thread looking for victims, count me out. I’ll still be looking for snow between fishing days.

Same. Shad should be running in three-four weeks even if it’s cold.