Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

8 minutes ago, 8611Blizz said:

What time do you think that band shows up here?

Should work its way into your area by 6pm I'd think. This stuff is probably going to expand/blossom as it approaches the enhancement there so it may be a little sooner.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Heh...1.4"/0.03" in this last sample. A jspin special.

So that's 3.2"/0.12" so far. Model QPF on the money, but we're overperforming with ratios.

4.4" on .17" LE here with it pretty much wrapped up.  Most models I think I had a little more than .17" QPF here, so underperformed on that, but ratios saved the day I guess.

I don't remember a lot of talk the past few days about 20-30:1 ratios. Feel like I was expecting needles and sugar, but it was good to great snow growth most of the event.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

For once this season it’s been a little bit better in NW MA than your area. 

The diff has been fairly marginal... I'm at 44.25" counting today and you must be fairly close.  Also Berkshire east has definitely outperformed us here in several events.  We're all probably AOA to date out here with the pack having held up better than it usually does but simultaneously having it feel like a dud at times.  I might need to talk to someone lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

4.4" on .17" LE here with it pretty much wrapped up.  Most models I think I had a little more than .17" QPF here, so underperformed on that, but ratios saved the day I guess.

I don't remember a lot of talk the past few days about 20-30:1 ratios. Feel like I was expecting needles and sugar, but it was good to great snow growth most of the event.

I thought growth looked pretty good up here despite the lack of liquid. Most of the weak omega from the bands was in the DGZ. The WAA snows in SNE looked more below the DGZ. 

• Thanks 1