• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

Toro issues nationwide recall for a snow blower that carries the risk of amputation

Garth  knows

The company is recalling around 6,700 Toro Power Max 826 OHAE Snowthrowers with the model number 37802 because of an amputation hazard, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.

The auger doesn’t shut off when disengaged 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Some places around here salt the living shit out of the roads....you'll get wet roads on like 1/15 with temps of 25. But other towns are far less generous in their salt use and sometimes you'll drive into a snow packed road when you cross town lines if you are on non-state back roads.

I just use my driveway as a gauge for how well it is accumulating on non-treated pavement.

the best is the state DOT trucks scraping wet roads with plows and sparks flying....

19 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Amazing to see that efficient accumulation on roads in that photo of Morrissey by 93

Just a few miles away, good rates but we're very slow to accumulate on black asphalt. Accumulating great on unplowed and all other surfaces.

Widespread 3"+ with pockets to 6" in eastern SNE when all is said and done. Feels like winter, and not a terrible event relative to how much we've been shafted.

The amazing thing is the 'waves' they tend to arrive in. Can really fluctuate 

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

The amazing thing is the 'waves' they tend to arrive in. Can really fluctuate 

I was just about to comment about that...

Very pulsatile... fluctuates between nothing to moderate in minutes... on radar, makes me wonder if the cellular OES echoes are the main mechanism for the heavier snow 

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I don’t get the bitching.  It’s not a big event.  But it’s a beautiful wintry scene out there.  Spectacular day.  I do understand the annoyance of the workers commuting.  In my full time work life today would be a huge pain but I’d have enjoyed it on some level.

You do get it, then lol

I'm over i,t since its almost time to leave work and hit the GYM.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I don’t get the bitching.  It’s not a big event.  But it’s a beautiful wintry scene out there.  Spectacular day.  I do understand the annoyance of the workers commuting.  In my full time work life today would be a huge pain but I’d have enjoyed it on some level.

This. 

Im fortunate, only have to drive a mile or two literally to work. So commuting in bad weather is never an issue...if the day is not called off all together(teacher) before hand.  So any snow is acceptable to me most all the time.  I mean the dustings they can keep, but a few inches is always fine. 

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Man we have been getting light rain mist, freezing rain, sleet occasional snow, but nothing persistent on the snow end.  Man this is so frustrating, I hope the HRRR is right and we make up for it after sunset.

You should flip back tonight, as the developing mid level low closes off shore....should be time for a parting gift.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I was hoping it would be better and in my crazy head of mine, you know the season is winding down and just wanted something fun. It’s probably a mental thing to make up for 2/1 too. But I’ll take the snow. 

• Like 2