Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

1 hour ago, wxsniss said:

Maybe this will help soothe any frustrations...

Probably the most incredible thing I've seen this winter:

That ( may be ) an underrated spectacle there - ... not judging, but I could see that not getting the gawk factor it deserves. Not in this hurried, swipe to see the next tweeted stimuli.  The shock junky's weighted virtuosity for meaningful introspection ...  'weird, huh'

Looks like the opening scene conjured by a Hollywood producer, director and their writing team for a science-fiction space odyssey ... This alien worldly facade fades into view as the audience is bathed in the dystopian mid and low-range keyboarded foreboding subliminal angst. Hell yeah, I'd hit that movie - love that shit man..  After a few moments of that, it ends at something that looks eerily less organic?  Your' not sure as the image pauses upon it. Just then, 'Zomb!' goes a single deep thud upon the timpani head, in concert with the assonance of a base-chordal stroke, and simultaneously the name of the films appears in goth black.

Fade to:  "It looks like an alien world," ...only those stalagmites that the conversing voice would at the time obviously be unbeknownst.  Maybe they would be some other form of crystalline salts - in material science context... The water below is a 'near' toxic brine of various negative ionic base-state elements... Sodium just being one ... But, it's doable with lots of high-techy chem and electrodes.  The only problem is...among the various challenges of colonizing this Earth-sized world, annexed by human advancing technology and assumptive providence over all that is in its visual detection... 'What was that thing we saw at the end of the intro tho?' 

This world was discovered in the early part of the 22nd Century: "Proxima Centauri b:   It is the closest extra-solar planet to our native system.. Its mass is at least 1.3 times Earth, and thus by inference of such system's gravity and other techniques, assumed to be a rocky world. Its orbital period of 11.2 days puts it within its hosting star, a red dwarf's "habitable zone" - the distance from a star where thermodynamics permits water in liquid phase state across the surface . Which despite all evidences proving our planet's trials and tribulations, so extreme as to incur distinctive extinction level eras, we are in just such a zone around good old Sol. And it is, by no evidence to the contrary, still quite suited to our existence - it is a relative utopia all things considered. Yet, there are plenty of examples of organism that survive this planets nested regions of unimaginable heat, cold, or chemistries that by any corporeal sense of vitality are incomprehensibly beyond human tolerance.  These so-called 'extremophiles' really own the world - they will be around after the great culling.  And equally challenging any imagination that launches from that platform, what could they may be on other worlds, worlds where life's adaptations took place in no such utopia.

... And when the catastrophic ocean death wave passed over the Earth, and essentially asphyxiated it's ability to convert C02 back to 02 while sequestering carbon into future carbonate rocks... all warm blooded creatures greater than 50 kg were instantly at the brink of yet another extinction ... That's when desperation got us to Proxima Centauri b .

Based on all the reports ive sifted through and recieved, we picked up an additional 1-2" across the state last night and today so far, generally. This is a map of about where we are at now, and is only an estimate. 3-6" fell across southern CT yesterday. I picked up 1" additional. I bumped that range into the 4-7" range as an estimate so far and removed all the old reports of 5 and 6" that fell yesterday. Northern CT reports are all from here and other up-to-date reports i could find. 

Obviously map is not final, and is just a rough estimate so far...

By 4PM yesterday

02_18.21_jdj_snowfall_totals_pt_1.thumb.jpg.508710a3fa35fbb435380834fdf4b772.jpg

By Noon today..

02_18.21_jdj_snowfall_totals_pt_2.thumb.jpg.f69ae1c8907c340e4b5f7e2dc9b6de6a.jpg

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Any new reports from SW or S CT from last night/today? @Brian5671 @WeatherX @Mr. Windcredible! @metagraphica @Hoth 

4 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Deep deep winter.  Moderate snow now.  Has not stopped snowing at all since 5am; although there have been some periods of very light snow.  Days and days...

About 3/4" new since this morning.  4.9" total so far.

:D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Deep deep winter.  Moderate snow now.  Has not stopped snowing at all since 5am; although there have been some periods of very light snow.  Days and days...

About 3/4" new since this morning.  4.9" total so far.

I was in Norwich yesterday afternoon and this a.m. and it looked like 2.5 at the most there.

7 minutes ago, radarman said:

It's all light stuff.  Can't really make out any snow falling on the Beast webcams.  -sn here

Weird, any time I get an hint of a 15dbz echo here, it starts ripping fatties. I might be close enough to be getting some ocean assist I guess.

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I was in Norwich yesterday afternoon and this a.m. and it looked like 2.5 at the most there.

Thats also probably adding totals with clearing...since this is such a long duration. I got 3.1" yesterday, cleared in the evening then got another 1.0" tonight and this morning. I bet the snow depth from the event though is still hovering around 3" with the settling/melting from the sun angle today. If i just stuck a ruler in right now and didnt measure since it started id prob still be at 3".. Its pretty much white rain right now on the streets. 

• Like 2