Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My avg over the past 11 seasons is about 66"....which is around 3" above avg.

Big deal-

As of this morning I am at 40" for the season which means I would need another 18-20" this season to get to average for my area.   Going to need at least one more warning event to get there I would think.

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

To answer my own question it looks like it stays back there. Looking at radar the forcing is apparently weakening  pretty rapidly

To continue this conversation with me, myself and I, it does indeed seem that there is some forcing out in NYS north of Albany and VT that is translating east this far north.  I had a little sun for a few minutes and the snow stopped but then I had a nice burst, and it looks like there will be more.  Although, it could be the next wave kills our forcing and consolidates every to the south.  If not, this could be good for any of us north of the Mass border up to like Gene.

Perfect example of my argument on why Nov/ Dec to mid January period is so much better and preferred for snow. If it was Dec 19th everyone would have more snow, roads would be slick and snow packed despite treatments and you wouldn’t be wearing sunglasses while it’s snowing . Just a completely different feel.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Perfect example of my argument on why Nov/ Dec to mid January period is so much better and preferred for snow. If it was Dec 19th everyone would have more snow, roads would be slick and snow packed despite treatments and you wouldn’t be wearing sunglasses while it’s snowing . Just a completely different feel.

My road is slick and snowpack despite treatments...lol