Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Pretty close also at BOS.   They are at 34.5 as of 7AM today   They’ll need 10 more tho and it’s getting late.

+3.4 ytd going into today. So, just pulling climo gets them AN, and probably puts most of SNE into parts of SNH AN, but well see what happens. 

Looks like another 1.5” overnight and some mood flakes this morning. Hat tip to Ray, Scooter and Ryan, it’s nice to have some snow and it keeps the winter appeal going, so I’m not complaining by any stretch, but this event is kinda meh. What’s the best free radar product out there? I’m really scratching my head with why they got rid of the old one and replaced it with absolute trash. That was my go-to for checking radar.

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I expect that.....even the biggest IMBY weenie on the planet knows not  get in a climadick measuring contest with ORH.

Anyway, one solidly above average season since 2014-2015, so the whole regression argument is beginning to lose some steam with  me.

Yeah unlikely that we will keep rolling snake eyes and we cash in on a really good season in the next year or three...but a longer term regression is certainly possible....ala 1972-1992ish....we had some really good seasons in there (late 70s and a smattering in the 80s) but overall the dogshit outweighed the truly good ones pretty significantly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

These CJ cells mean business. Pounds in them, but briefly. 

Lol. I woke up late today. So I had no idea what radar looked like. 

Was on phone paying a bill issue stating out window and thought I was hallucinating. Light snow to moderateish with massive flakes swinging either way every five minutes. 

They are very small and unorganized but absolutely pimping when they hit ya

OES cells are brief but great growth... let's hope that maintains this afternoon

Re: seasonal impression: Oct, Dec 17, and Superbowl storms were awesome and overachievers for Boston region. Otherwise has been a frustrating winter.

BOS metro folks (CoastalWx, Henry's Wx, DotRat, Summerthyme, myself and others) had one of the worst letdowns in recent memory in the 2/1 WAA/firehose... hours of heavy and 1-2F colder would've seen 10"+ like just a few miles inland instead of wet asphalt.