Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s incredibly irritating all the time...if one run of the ensembles looks quiet or mild or cutterish or whatever, and it’s all over.  Then the next run comes out and then it’s oh we’ll have some chances lol.  Of course we’ll have our chances...it’s February 19th.  

March looks ok....it's not the pattern I would want. Looks like you'll need things timed so good luck.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s incredibly irritating all the time...if one run of the ensembles looks quiet or mild or cutterish or whatever, and it’s all over.  Then the next run comes out and then it’s oh we’ll have some chances lol.  Of course we’ll have our chances...it’s February 19th.  

Some here are doing their best to channel John Winger....

Stripes Bill Murray GIF - Stripes BillMurray JohnWinger GIFs

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

As I have gotten older I take weather as it comes. Live in the present moment. Enjoy whatever comes unless it’s flooding rains that ruin any chance of being outdoors. But it also about understanding your climo and what the last 10 years living in SNE has taught me is that winter can come anytime from Oct to Apr (even May). So yea, you’re right, no reason to rush the seasons.

Same here. Agree completely with your post.

A quote I once read years ago, and never forgot it....”Nothing is ever rushed in nature...yet everything gets done.”  

Things always even out somewhere along the line.  

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

We snow.   2.6 so far.   Up earlier than normal for 10AM meeting but it’s a nice snow with temperature of 24.   I’m presuming Scott is trolling with his napeuary crap.

I think he is serious. He’s been stressed out lately and it shows. Someone needs to send him to a special massage parlor. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

CC radar shows mixed bag of crap over the Cape and Islands, BID isn't even snowing right now under the best reflectivity.  I want my temp to drop, but it won't because that is what living on Cape Cod is about.  Looks like NE MA is the winner today and tonight.  However, the 00z HREFs went bonkers for the Cape and Islands.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

March looks ok....it's not the pattern I would want. Looks like you'll need things timed so good luck.

Good luck to you too over there. You always need things timed right lol..even in great patterns, we’ve seen that all winter and with this event ongoing now, I mean places to our southwest are killing it with 12+.  

I’m just tired of the winter over posts on Feb 19th. It’s silly and nonsensical.  This is not late FEB/March of ‘12.  And if it happens to be that’s fine too, but it’s not. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Good luck to you too over there. You always need things timed right lol..even in great patterns, we’ve seen that all winter and with this event ongoing now, I mean places to our southwest are killing it with 12+.  

I’m just tired of the winter over posts on Feb 19th. It’s silly and nonsensical.  This is not late FEB/March of ‘12.  And if it happens to be that’s fine too, but it’s not. 

I don't need things timed right, it's more the pattern this season. Look at Maine lol. Anyways, I expect a mild March and winter is coming to an end overall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think he is serious. He’s been stressed out lately and it shows. Someone needs to send him to a special massage parlor. 

Ya his area has gotten boned this season...his tude is negative at the slightest hint of something not looking great.  We’ve all been there..guy is ready for spring, but spring is a long ways off..at least the real nice weather. He will suffer for some time to come...especially since there’s 1/3rd of feb left. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya his area has gotten boned this season...his tude is negative at the slightest hint of something not looking great.  We’ve all been there..guy is ready for spring, but spring is a long ways off..at least the real nice weather. He will suffer for some time to come...especially since there’s 1/3rd of feb left. 

LOL, I'm fine dude. I missed out on one event which is fine considering how it's been a fenway frank fest since I moved here. I can handle one storm. But, I tell it how it is. Deal with it. 

• Haha 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Nah you shook bro. Don't be so negative. 

I'm not shook, but I'd like to shake the ones cheering for this crap. Weekend....cool....fire away. I could do without it, but at least it doesn't come with the same inconvenience.

Its cute early in the season, but the novelty has faded about as quickly as it has with some our new posters this season. lol

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not shook, but I'd like to shake the ones cheering for this crap. Weekend....cool....fire away. I could do without it, but at least it doesn't come with the same inconvenience.

Its cute early in the season, but the novelty has faded about as quickly as it has with some our new posters this season. lol

I was being sarcastic. I didn't even poo poo this, this is exactly what I expected so far. But somehow it got spun.

LOL, I'm fine dude. I missed out on one event which is fine considering how it's been a fenway frank fest since I moved here. I can handle one storm. But, I tell it how it is. Deal with it. 

You’ve been biased negative. You’ve also been one way, then another too.  I’m not living with blinders on either here like some do. And I don’t need you to tell me that it’s all roses at all. But Winter is never over in SNE with a 3rd of feb left, in most all of the years(sure there’s exceptions), it’s just not over this early. 

The next run of the ensembles will change and you’ll be saying something different. I get nobody needs 1-3” in March dirtying everything up etc etc...but that’s winter in March in SNE many times, and the occasional big bomb as well in March.  

So Deal with it. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

You’ve been biased negative. You’ve also been one way, then another too.  I’m not living with blinders on either here like some do. And I don’t need you to tell me that it’s all roses at all. But Winter is never over in SNE with a 3rd of feb left, in most all of the years(sure there’s exceptions), it’s just not over this early. 

The next run of the ensembles will change and you’ll be saying something different. I get nobody needs 1-3” in March dirtying everything up etc etc...but that’s winter in March in SNE many times, and the occasional big bomb as well in March.  

So Deal with it. Lol. 

Negative implies poo pooing or purposely being biased on something that should not be. In that case, my job would be jeopardized. The problem with weenies is that they interpret when you sort of meh something or just downplay or call it how it is, as being negative.  I said this storm would be no big deal, light, etc. I think all are true. And yes, even for those in the 20s, very light returns will have trouble accumulating during the day in the spots outside of cold surfaces. Most areas will tickly up to near 30-32 outside of high spots.

• Like 1

Negative implies poo pooing or purposely being biased on something that should not be. In that case, my job would be jeopardized. The problem with weenies is that they interpret when you sort of meh something or just downplay or call it how it is, as being negative.  I said this storm would be no big deal, light, etc. I think all are true. And yes, even for those in the 20s, very light returns will have trouble accumulating during the day in the spots outside of cold surfaces. Most areas will tickly up to near 30-32 outside of high spots.

Is it possible to poo poo.....poo poo?

I mean, if you shit on shit...does it degrade its value?

• Haha 2