• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

Clouds.  Any snow now expected after noon, maybe a dusting, maybe not.  Four storms 11th-19th all looked good 3 days out.  #3 produced 3/4" LE but all IP, the others zero (plus anything we might see today.)  Next week the deep troughing goes away, the cold is exhausted, back to meh?  Unless March produces, this winter's rating will drop from merely BN to ratter - been 5 years since the last one so maybe we're due.

3 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

3 on the nose here, had 1.25 yesterday, so almost 2 overnight, almost at 60 for the season with grim outlook going forward, not exactly climo but not a ratter winter either. perhaps we can manage a blue bomb in morch...

We can sneak an even or two in, especially you in the nw hills...you’re not done by a long shot.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We can sneak an even or two in, especially you in the nw hills...you’re not done by a long shot.

Ya, I love the big Bi-polar nature of some here.  Winter isn’t over for SNE on Feb 18th or 19th. Not this year.  The rush to end things is annoying all the time.  Another solid month of winter in SNE. If we lived in Richmond VA, then ya it’s close to being over there perhaps.  But not here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I love the big Bi-polar nature of some here.  Winter isn’t over for SNE on Feb 18th or 19th. Not this year.  The rush to end things is annoying all the time.  Another solid month of winter in SNE. If we lived in Richmond VA, then ya it’s close to being over there perhaps.  But not here. 

It doesn't make sense to me at all. March is snowier than Nov & Dec on average even down to NYC.

So you guys definitely have another month plus of chances.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

As I have gotten older I take weather as it comes. Live in the present moment. Enjoy whatever comes unless it’s flooding rains that ruin any chance of being outdoors. But it also about understanding your climo and what the last 10 years living in SNE has taught me is that winter can come anytime from Oct to Apr (even May). So yea, you’re right, no reason to rush the seasons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It doesn't make sense to me at all. March is snowier than Nov & Dec on average even down to NYC.

So you guys definitely have another month plus of chances.

It’s incredibly irritating all the time...if one run of the ensembles looks quiet or mild or cutterish or whatever, then it’s all over.  Then the next run comes out and then it’s oh we’ll have some chances lol.  Of course we’ll have our chances...it’s February 19th.