• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

A still moment in West Somerville. Save for the occasional salt truck, there isn't a soul around. A low industrial whir underlies the subtle pitter-patter of snow softly descending upon snow. For a moment, the city sleeps.

Screenshot_20210219-023639_Gallery.thumb.jpg.662fdb3fea3ad96f32b33eacd59d2a54.jpg

Boston metro had a nice band 4-5am, dropped at least another 0.5” or so

The extended inverted trough is resulting in the snow showers and bands developing over NYS, VT, NH and parts of southern ME this morning.  Surface pressures near the benchmark are quite baggy, as energy awaits the trailing shortwave and surface low near NC and SC coastlines to pass through.  While the storm track is south of the benchmark, the surface low will begin to intensify a bit more quickly as energy gets involved from the shortwave over the Southeast and the upper trough moves eastward with time.  There is the potential for the inverted trough to produce a few hours either side of Saturday daybreak snow showers as the upper low swings through the region.  The reason why the surface pressure is baggy and there is not a consistent area of low pressure is the upper energy over the Great Lakes lags instead of reaching for the surface low.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You'll be above freezing later this morning and some melting will happen, but if that band moves in, you should be snow.

I am salivating looking at that band south of Long Island, if we even sniff that later this morning, I might be good to go.  I just want to witness a few hours of heavy snow.

• Haha 1