• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

For real I started reading about the weather at age 7.   Around age 9 I read one of my early books by Ivan Ray Tannehill’s “All About the Weather”.  One line remembereD for 65 years...”It may be a clear cold day in winter.  Suddenly long thin wispy clouds are in the SW sky........”the wind whistles in the wires amd roars in the eaves”.   I was hooked.

• Like 2

The 20z HRRR continues to produce training moderate bands of snow over the Cape and Islands.  Also, lightning has become reinvigorated this afternoon.  Surface low is present still in the Gulf of Mexico.  This will prolong the event until Saturday morning.  Models are still printing out close to if not over an inch of QPF still.

5 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

The wife and I had our first shot yesterday at Wegman's.  Was surprised when they called Tuesday saying they still had a small supply left.  Probably many are refusing to get the shot.  Both of us had a sore arm last night, but it is slowly feeling better today.  Tender to the touch in the shot area.  Second one March 17.

Yeah the first shot hurt a lot in the arm but by yesterday it was getting better though still residual soreness today.   A lot of people don’t want to get vaccinated for anecdotal and unscientific reasons.   I look at >40M delivered here with no real incidents outside of a handful of allergic responses that subsided quickly with intervention.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yeah the first shot hurt a lot in the arm but by yesterday it was getting better though still residual soreness today.   A lot of people don’t want to get vaccinated for anecdotal and unscientific reasons.   I look at >40M delivered here with no real incidents outside of a handful of allergic responses that subsided quickly with intervention.

Yeah, the media like everything else played up those anecdotal allergic responses.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh yeah I know .. but you changed your thoughts on Mass , so that means things changed in CT

Nothing changed materially. I just speculated that the snow might be better organized tomorrow than overnight. I don’t think amounts change. 

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

For real I started reading about the weather at age 7.   Around age 9 I read one of my early books by Ivan Ray Tannehill’s “All About the Weather”.  One line remembereD for 65 years...”It may be a clear cold day in winter.  Suddenly long thin wispy clouds are in the SW sky........”the wind whistles in the wires amd roars in the eaves”.   I was hooked.

My earliest wx memory was the Nov. 1950 Apps gale - dad, brother and I watched from the back porch (almost no rain in NNJ) as the trees were getting more and more thrashed, until some tops snapped off and dad said it might be time to go inside.  :o     One of the two most powerful wind events I've experienced.  (The other was the frigid gale of 12/31/1962.)
The real trigger for a lifetime fascinated with wx and trees was the Jan. 8-9, 1953 ice storm, lost power for 6 days, cracked ice 6" deep in our driveway after the stuff came off the trees on the 10th/11th.

P&C forecast from GYX retreated from the morning's <1/2" - now accumulation isn't mentioned at all.