• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

NorEastermass128

I’m expecting a few inches with that orange in philly coming ENE but the main show looks to be the second low. It looks like Rays meat grinder idea is going to be correct though, it is moving ENE not straight up NE. The shunt east was correct, though It looks like the heavy precipitation will make it a little farther north than the models had before the shunt east. Since the first low is stronger and is underwent cyclogenesis earlier than expected, while it will get shunted east it will weaken Rays meat grinder more than the models thought which should allow the second low to deliver the knockout punch and destroy the weakened meat grinder. As the second low undergoes intense cyclogenesis due to the 500 millibar going negatively tilted farther west and earlier than expected, intense precip will be thrown back west, with the jet dynamics creating areas of heavy banding farther west than modeled.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Radar looks fantastic as it heads NE. You can always tell if it’s gonna be a solid event by looking at the wide views. Had that same look and feeling on that! Sunday event a few weekends ago whereas the one after that looked hideous 

That is really what I think....oh by the way, which one’s pink...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

It's flying through so probably another couple hours of damage left before it tapers. I am into the 35 dbz echoes now and flake size has improved and we should rack it up

You may get some sleet in a bit actually. Radar shows a pretty good surge north in the melting layer through N NJ and SE NY.