Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

1 hour ago, FreeRain said:

At the end of that loop you can see the trail of moisture extending all the way from Lake Huron, to Lake Ontario and then across the Sound.

A couple of snow flurries just just passed through here in N. Syosset. No accumulation that I can see.

Nice.  Very cool to see how the plume veers and bends with the winds yet still remains clearly identifiable.

Off and on flurries here, which at this point is remnant lake effect (with an assist from a mid level disturbance)

It has been snowing almost all day again, there were a few breaks for a few minutes here and there but I don't think I've gone a full hour without snow falling since the sun came up this morning. Right now it's sunny with dark clouds all around and snowglobe snow floating down. It's just beautiful out there. 

33/21/NE4/SN-Flurries

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

It has been snowing almost all day again, there were a few breaks for a few minutes here and there but I don't think I've gone a full hour without snow falling since the sun came up this morning. Right now it's sunny with dark clouds all around and snowglobe snow floating down. It's just beautiful out there. 

33/21/NE4/SN-Flurries

haha different world out there, we had full sun all day which is exactly what I wanted.

Has anyone seen snowfall maps from the NWS, either the offices or those regional maps we sometimes see?  I find it very frustrating that they're not shown prominently somewhere on each office's homepages (or at least on their winter weather pages) or FB pages.  Didn't see them on that Eastern Region page either.  @wdrag maybe?