Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

45 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

1.3" new so far today.  Event total 5.7".  Temp up to 30.7 as of 2:55pm, light snow still falling.  Warmest it's been since very early on Wednesday.

February snowfall now 31.2"  Seasonal snowfall 40.1".  Just about touching 12" on the stake.

Nice seeing everything freshened up and white again. My backyard has about 5” depth with this storm on top of the glaciated cement from before. This snow’s dense too-it was low ratio I think along with some sleet. Deep winter feel outside for sure. Hopefully this band over NJ can pivot through and put us all over 6”. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Nice seeing everything freshened up and white again. My backyard has about 5” depth with this storm on top of the glaciated cement from before. This snow’s dense too-it was low ratio I think along with some sleet. Deep winter feel outside for sure. Hopefully this band over NJ can pivot through and put us all over 6”. 

Looks like Bayside has reached 6" too.  Many of us may be in the 6-8 range originally predicted by the end of this.

16 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

All of the hi res guidance is indicating a little burst for a couple of hours starting around 5pm.  Looks like it goes in some form until about 8.  I'm heading out to do a little skiing.  Will probably finish with my headlamp.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Old glacier with yesterday's snow on top of it, then a firm layer (about 1/8" ) of ice, with todays snow on top of that.  We'll see how that works under the skis.

• Like 1

And I thought it was over... Nope, snowing nicely again. Not great growth so small flakes so far but it's covering everything that had melted off and since it's already pretty much the end of the day it looks like another night with snow covered streets. 

31/28/N3/SN-

:: Just as I'm about to hit submit the flake size started growing. Looks good out there again.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I know most people here really enjoy the heavy rates and high totals but the nature of the prolonged events with on off snow and varying intensities really sets a great laid-back ambiance. 

Agreed, this is infinitely better than the sun popping right out and everything starting to melt

• Like 5