Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

48 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 9:00 am, 1.7" OTG at 24F - about 0.8"/hr rates the last 30 min and it looks like the heavy stuff is about to come down...

As of 10:00 am it's pouring heavy snow here with 2.3" OTG at 24F.  

Heading to Elizabeth for about 90 minutes...

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1362413637864878081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1362413637864878081%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.33andrain.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fnwsspc%2Fstatus%2F1362413637864878081%3Fs%3D21

11 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Too much dry air up here.  Snow being shunted east to our south.  Enjoy the goods those who get it. 

It's not over till it's over. We were never supposed to get the heavy bands up here. It's going to snow light to moderate at times until tomorrow at noon. We should be able to pick up 3-5 in that time frame hopefully. I picked up .5 inch last night. 

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

No mixing in Woodbridge though, and it is snowing at a good clip after a lull. I don't think we are getting sustained heavy bands out of this one.

Probably some subsidence after the strong band rolled through.

The main area of sleet is now building in SW NJ. Just north of the sleet will be where the heaviest snow falls.

The sleet is being held SW of Philly for now. It will head NE but I'm pretty confident that the vast majority of this subforum won't have snow amounts knocked down much if at all by sleet (outside maybe the Monmouth County people who already have a lot). Now until 2-3pm is when we get 90% of what falls I think. Borderline moderate here now. 

10 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Probably some subsidence after the strong band rolled through.

The main area of sleet is now building in SW NJ. Just north of the sleet will be where the heaviest snow falls.

Probably near upper Monmouth county....would be my guess. Is there a lull coming this afternoon? i have been unclear about this...

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The sleet is being held SW of Philly for now. It will head NE but I'm pretty confident that the vast majority of this subforum won't have snow amounts knocked down much if at all by sleet (outside maybe the Monmouth County people who already have a lot). Now until 2-3pm is when we get 90% of what falls I think. Borderline moderate here now. 

Soundings suggest nyc turns to sleet at 12pm.