Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

30 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Started snowing lightly in Metuchen around 6:40 am and picked up around 7:00 am and we have 1/2" OTG as of 7:30 am.  Moderate snow - would like to get into some of that heavier stuff.  Temp really dropped from 27 to 23F with the snow sublimation cooling the column.  

As of 8 am, 1" OTG at 23F - got 1/2" the past 30 min for 1"/hr rates. If we can keep this up for 4-5 hours, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

The radar looks pretty good for most of the area for the next several hours. Only far northern NJ and interior lower HV look like they will struggle for precip. Central NJ to near Staten Island look best. Could be 6-8 there I think just today. Maybe that gets into NYC and LI. It's hard to know how far north the best rates will get. Also gotta watch the sleet along the southern flank later today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The high over New England really came on stronger over the last 3 days. The dewpoints are just in the single digits for Boston. So you can see why the bands are struggling to get north of our area right now.

Boston         CLOUDY    24   5  44 N6        30.53R WCI  

Euro started seeing that a few days ago

27 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8 am, 1" OTG at 24F - got 1/2" the past 30 min for 1"/hr rates. If we can keep this up for 4-5 hours, I'll be happy.

As of 8:30 am, 1.3" OTG at 23F - only about 0.6"/hr rates the last 30 min, but snow has picked up in the last 5 minutes here.  Very pretty out there as I just went for a nice walk, but roads are obviously treacherous with temps so cold.