Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS and nowcast Thursday morning 2/18 - 11PM Friday 2/19/21

wdrag

Just now, snywx said:

Why is everyone in the interior overreacting? Lol I’m still expecting 6” here and I’m further than all of you. Patience it wasn’t suppose to get going up here till later 

You not getting that? What model has more than 3 to 4 inches over you. If anything observed banding on the northern edge = subsidence where you are.

It means I'll be virtually unaffected by this event where I am which is actually just fine this time around. I wasn't really looking forward to 2+ days of snow like that. 

I'm torn. I love snow over here.. it stays beautiful for a nice chunk of time and the world is magically transformed for the duration of moderate/high rate storms. I work in the bronx and when there's a hint of snow alternate side is suspended (which is good) but that also means parking is a terror and the snow becomes just gross lol

The kids are off from school due to an IMBY-bust & I don't have an excuse to stay home knowing it won't be devastating.

Anyhoo... back to the nowcast after the past message

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Truly wondering now if we will get more than an inch north of 84 here. 

I'm south of 84 and have nothing going on. It started early this morning, I had snow falling at 3:30am but apparently that was just a tease. What I thought was wet is nothing, barely even damp (frozen) but I can see it precipitating south of me because the southernmost ridges are gone and the closer ones are fuzzy. 

22/16/NE4/OVC

I'll be ok if it doesn't snow at all, my wife's ankle is totally wrecked, multiple fractures and a torn ligament, and I can't carry her down the stairs and out to the car. I started shoveling a path up the front yard yesterday but with the snowpack being frozen solid I only got a few feet and still have 90 more to go plus the frozen 4 foot thick plow pile to get through. I really need someone with a plow blade to come help but nobody seems to want to, the two I spoke to said they're afraid of getting stuck on the hill and they won't even try.