Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18/19 Party - STORM MODE

stormtracker

Just now, Warm Nose said:

I'm not worried. I'm colder than progged, there's moisture on the way and I'm in an area that historically does better with storms. I am right against the BR so typically we get some mixing albeit much less than the metros. I expect nothing different this time around. 4" is my bar with some crunchy ice on top as the finisher.

Sounds good....2" is my bar with crunchy ice.

5 minutes ago, Quasievil said:

I really don't understand this warm layer on the RGEM. With 700 and 850's warm, this explains why the RGEM is holding back on totals. This will be the time it gets it right. Where my 40" from a few weeks ago?

image.png.f4681b612c67f764175aadb848617019.png

Stop over analyzing the RGEM. lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I cant believe these news outlets pay for these pieces of crap lol

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

I think apparently it did really well with the December event showing the Binghamton jack?  But yeah, I'm not sure if I buy it.

We have no idea how they clown map is generated. If for example, it counts ice as snow like TT does then it’s pretty much in line with everything else. 

3 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

Para is king of weenie town, other models converging on 2-4" for DCA, plus an inch of sleet or so. The sleet has a nice effect of moving overall totals closer together. Models with 4" snow have less sleet, CMC has 2" of sleet on top of that snow. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 12.22.11 PM.png

This is the best stat I think I’ve ever seen on these forums.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

Para is king of weenie town, other models converging on 2-4" for DCA, plus an inch of sleet or so. The sleet has a nice effect of moving overall totals closer together. Models with 4" snow have less sleet, CMC has 2" of sleet on top of that snow. 

Do you go back and do a horizontal line with the actual once the event is over?

4 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

Seems pretty clear we are heading for a 4-6 event give or take depending on your locale. Which honestly is probably close to what will verify. 

5 minutes ago, SnowDreamer said:

Seems like the mean has been 2-4 for some time. Gotta wonder if some pros just take this and run because can it really be that much worse? 

2 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Seems like the mean has been 2-4 for some time. Gotta wonder if some pros just take this and run because can it really be that much worse? 

Despite how wet they are, SREFs have been sitting at around 3 inches of snow at BWI. Seems like a red flag on big snow hopes to me.

7 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Despite how wet they are, SREFs have been sitting at around 3 inches of snow at BWI. Seems like a red flag on big snow hopes to me.

Agree. Being conservative is the right approach here. We've simply failed too many times to expect anything different.,

EDIT: I would love to be wrong about this.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, mappy said:

To you. That's the key. Many haven't seen more than 2" during any event this year, calling them fools for finding another event where they have to hope for a decent front end thump before a flip to sleet, is just not cool man. 

Ok. I respect your opinion. I’ll leave it at that. I don’t get personal over weather, sorry.  

• Like 3

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic