Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

46 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

My meteorologist sister in-law sent me a video this morning of the snow and she was talking in the background and mentioned it was, “Puking fatties.” I taught her that lingo. I’ve never been more proud.

She lives near Woodbridge, VA if anyone was wondering

Hey that's where I live :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Hey that's where I live :D

I did 22 years there. Going to snow this morning in the bridge. Hopefully it sticks. It's the sleet capital of the Mid-Atlantic. It can be snowing in every direction outside of Woodbridge. Doesn't matter. Sleet City.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I was just going to post that. Radar to the SW looks pretty interesting. Hopefully we don't torch temps today and it's just rain lol

Might be good for those around the bay but that all looks like it head pretty well east of 95, if it even makes it up here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Sure.
goDUvp1.jpg

So everything inside the purple line is Parrs Ridge region and generally above 600 feet and does well compared to all around. But the 3 ridges in the zone I circled in blue are around 1000-1100 feet and is a maximum even within the larger maximum. Always gets a little more snow and holds the snow longer. There is often a pretty drastic difference between here and Westminster.  Note the little blue dot on the avg snowfall map right about that spot. 
szdDfpP.png

Is there a way to overlay that topography map over a road map to actually see roads and addresses that would correspond to the highest heights?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic