Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

Just now, TSG said:

The amount of complaining in here is comical. This storm looked like it was headed for Buffalo a week ago y'all. Frozen stuff is falling from the sky. Be happy.

Weenies wanted to believe in the PARA so bad...skewed their expectations.

Sleet ongoing here. Still only 24 degrees. My big dilemma right now is when to clear the driveway??? 

13 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I'm not part of the AmericanWx Mid-Atlantic mafia so only certain people are taken seriously.  

The disappointment is palpable since the models largely missed the deal............The quoted statement somewhat rings true, the forum is often a hostile place to comments if you're not a street-credded member.  And banter anytime (only for the mafia though or you get lit up) even when in storm mode................ BUT, being taken seriously is earned, which is why I'm not a regular poster.....( On topic, It's a sleetfest right now in Chestertown, roads are terrible. 3 people live here, I'm the only poster I know of rom this northish part of the sticks) Not north enough!

So, smartass that I am, I'll go back to chuckling at the meltdowns and the butthurt, reading but not posting. This site is a place to learn from others, and I see posters who were once vilified now being accepted as valid contributors. Why? because they are making valid contributions (unlike this post) The more knowledgeable definitely prefer it that way from most of us .............there are people who have apparently have a lot of time to spend on writing comments, which is what makes it fun. Well, depending on who it is, some folks are just in their own world. If it wasn't fun, why would anyone be involved in this madness-inducing hobby? Have fun and be safe!             %)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NattyBo said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it sleet as hard as it is in Rockville right now 

2017, there was a sleet. It's why I was so hyped over this storm. This is just like it, and it was one of my first major winter events I had ever experienced.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/03/13/updates-snow-moving-into-d-c-area-precipitation-to-become-heavy-late-tonight/

9:00 a.m. update: For all those wondering, Reagan National Airport says it has received two inches of snow so far. That’s right in the middle of reports from around the immediate metro which range from one to three inches of snow and sleet. Dulles had picked up 2.6 inches as of early this morning. The White House, as of 7 a.m. had record 2.5 inches (and an impressive 2.34 inches of liquid equivalent).

3 minutes ago, TSG said:

The amount of complaining in here is comical. This storm looked like it was headed for Buffalo a week ago y'all. Frozen stuff is falling from the sky. Be happy.

Yeah, everyone stop complaining about a storm for most that was supposed to drop 3-6 or 4-8 and has been actually worse than the other joke storms we've had with a couple inches of snow and then slop. Baltimore hasn't had a warning verified since the blizzard of 2016 but you all spend ridiculous amounts of time tracking snowstorms and should just suck it up and live with it and be happy getting drilled in the face with ice cubes.

• Like 3

Just now, flsch22 said:

wow, look at the position of that low.  And we still can't get it to snow. #WinterIsBroken

It's all about the upper levels with this one. SPC meso analysis show 700mb temps are +1 to +2 so everything is melting. I'll still take this over the 50 and rain the GFS had for us early on Sunday.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TSG said:

It's understandable since so many have missed the good snows with every system this winter, and this would have been an amazing thump had it been snow.  It's frustrating.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic