Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18/19 Disco/Obs

nj2va

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Simple really. Sleet covers everything white, has legit staying power if it stays cold, and I sill get to watch tv at night and not freeze

Great perspective.  It is definitely better than freezing rain, but it would have been nice for the fantasy snow to actually verify for a change.  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Anyone know if you are supposed to wipe your board when the precip type changes even if it hasnt been 6 hours? I am still sleet snow mix. But the radar is clearly heavy sleet heading this way. Want to get an accurate measurement of the sleet on top of the snow. 

That makes sense. Sleets going to cause some compaction 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Anyone know if you are supposed to wipe your board when the precip type changes even if it hasnt been 6 hours? I am still sleet snow mix. But the radar is clearly heavy sleet heading this way. Want to get an accurate measurement of the sleet on top of the snow. 

Yes during precip changes 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Good question...I was going to wait until at least 10 am...I'm back to almost all snow now btw

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Hoping those heavy returns will flip us back to mostly snow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

Great perspective.  It is definitely better than freezing rain, but it would have been nice for the fantasy snow to actually verify for a change.  

Razor edge storms break sleetier in my yard far more often than the other way around. I was hopeful to get 2-4 before the flip but ground truth did what it usually does

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Sleet mixed with freezing rain with this heavier stuff moving in here in Easton now. Pretty decent coating of ice. Hoping the main roads just stay wet.

Up to 29.5 already, I bet we sneak above freezing here, roads should be fine this afternoon. I was up this morning for the brief period of snow, which was nice to see, hopefully some of the back end action being advertised actually works out for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Razor edge storms break sleetier in my yard far more often than the other way around. I was hopeful to get 2-4 before the flip but ground truth did what it usually does

Yup.  I was hopeful for some good snow rates at least for a little while before flipping, but woke up to nothing but sleet from beginning.  But...at least it might be cool to experience a bit of a "sleet bomb" if some heavier rates come through, and then turn that into a block of ice!

1 minute ago, Amped said:

I swear this region used to occasionally get storms that overperformed.

Lets just move onto an early and sustained spring. Last year, between the Covid lockdowns and the cold that I think persisted into May, Spring was lost. It will be good to have a strong one this year....

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic